Affäre, Angelegenheit, Sache, Geschichte, Verhältnis, Abenteuer, Techtelmechtel, Erlebnis, Liebelei
Noun(1) a vaguely specified concern(2) a usually secretive or illicit sexual relationship(3) a vaguely specified social event
(1) what you do in your spare time is your affair(2) Make breakfast a family affair most mornings if possible - or as close to it as you can.(3) the board admitted responsibility for the affair(4) her dress was a black low-cut affair(5) The restaurant is the best; an old-fashioned wood-and-leather affair with a horseshoe bar.(6) our wedding was a small affair(7) They were just looking to unseat the Republicans like the whole affair was a sporting event.(8) The awning, a huge tunnel tent affair , has remained in its storage space under the seat.(9) The marriage has to be consummated before an extramarital affair becomes adultery.(10) It was a panoramic, large windowed affair , on the seventh floor of the hotel, and we had a window seat.(11) The shirt was a sleeveless affair , worn open, with pockets all over the front.(12) This parade was reported to be a lively and energetic affair , containing a record number of floats.(13) In the meantime, the game settled into a contrary, niggly affair .(14) Convention itself took less than ninety minutes to complete, and it really was a low key affair throughout.(15) I wanted the funeral to be a family affair(16) The first half was a rather dull affair lit up with three goals but with little else to recommend it.
(1) have an affair :: eine Affäre haben
(2) public affair :: öffentliche Angelegenheit
(3) private affair :: Privatsache
(4) have a love affair :: haben eine Liebesbeziehung
(5) love-affair :: Liebesaffäre
(6) extramarital affair :: außereheliche Affäre
(7) business affair :: Business-Affäre
(8) internal affair :: innere Angelegenheit
(9) personal affair :: Persönliche Angelegenheit
1. business ::
3. event ::
4. relationship ::
5. intimacy ::
6. function ::
7. matter ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You do understand our marriage ended
because he had an AFFAIR.
00:03:40,889 --> 00:03:43,474
I know, and there's no excuse for that.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 24
What, is he having an AFFAIR?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 2
my husband was having an AFFAIR.
I thought we were friends.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 9
And no. I'm not.
I'm not having an AFFAIR, okay?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 4
Lady Arryn's predilections
were her own AFFAIR.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
English to German Dictionary: affair
Meaning and definitions of affair, translation in German language for affair with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of affair in German and in English
Tags for the entry "affair"
What affair means in German, affair meaning
in German, affair definition, examples and pronunciation
of affair in German language.