Luft, Hauch, Äther, Anstrich, Wetter, Touch, Auftreten, Weiselüften, entlüften, belüften, ventilieren, äußern
Noun(1) a mixture of gases (especially oxygen(2) the region above the ground(3) a distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing(4) a slight wind (usually refreshing(5) the mass of air surrounding the Earth(6) once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles(7) a succession of notes forming a distinctive sequence(8) medium for radio and television broadcasting(9) travel via aircraft
Verb(1) expose to fresh air(2) be broadcast(3) broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television(4) make public(5) expose to warm or heated air, so as to dry(6) expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen
(1) This success led to an order directing all military airfields to have an air ambulance.(2) The questions even became a shade less hostile as his new air of poise impressed the panel.(3) Rather, the American industrial and technological scene is endowed with an air of epic grandeur.(4) When in doubt, it doesn't hurt to err on the safe side and add air or nitrogen to your tires.(5) We never closed the curtains and were consistently surrounded by light and air .(6) At the time no one realized that this was the aircraft which would win the air war over the Pacific.(7) Beat the butter into the chocolate and cream, trying not to get any air into the mixture.(8) The air sizzled as oxygen was greedily consumed by the roiling ball of fire.(9) It added an air of eeriness and unreality to the situation that made Joe feel sick to the pit of his stomach.(10) Nimitz knew that the battle that would ensue would involve aircraft and air supremacy.(11) The quest for offensive power did its part to make the loss of air superiority permanent.(12) Suppose the world population is housed, educated and fed and wants air travel on tap?(13) The air above this sea ice is deprived of heat and moisture from the ocean.(14) the programme's a platform to air grievances(15) Neither buildings nor people can escape the logic of the elements of fire and air .(16) When an opportunity arises for people to air their views, it is a shame not to take it.
(1) air pollution :: Luftverschmutzung
(2) air flow :: Luftstrom
(3) fresh air :: frische Luft
(4) air hostess :: Flugbegleiterin
(5) in the air :: in der Luft
(6) by air :: mit dem Flugzeug
1. sky ::
2. breeze ::
3. expression ::
5. tune ::
6. atmosphere ::
7. gentle wind ::
8. air travel ::
9. airwave ::
10. strain ::
11. express ::
12. ventilate ::
13. broadcast ::
14. vent ::
15. air out ::
16. bare ::
air, aired, airing, airings, airs, airship, airships
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
They throw an actual ball.
You were throwing AIR at a TV.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 3
The Big Bang Theory 5x12
The Shiny Trinket Maneuver
Original Air Date on January 12, 2012
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 12
the laughter was genuine
when the show would AIR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
because we were able
to clear the AIR and,
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
♪ The Big Bang Theory 7x05 ♪
The Workplace Proximity
Original Air Date on October 17, 2013
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
English to German Dictionary: air
Meaning and definitions of air, translation in German language for air with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of air in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "air"
What air means in German, air meaning in German, air definition, examples and pronunciation of air in German language.