angewandt, praktisch angewandt
Verb(1) put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose(2) be pertinent or relevant or applicable(3) ask (for something(4) apply to a surface(5) be applicable to; as to an analysis(6) give or convey physically(7) avail oneself to(8) ensure observance of laws and rules(9) refer (a word or name(10) apply oneself to
Adjective(1) concerned with concrete problems or data rather than with fundamental principles
(1) The results of this study have both applied and theoretical implications.(2) The math, engineering, applied health studies and science faculties will be the primary beneficiaries of the funding.(3) This hands-on learning experience was a first for the senior-level applied native studies class.(4) One of its conclusions was that there was at present a continued need for animal experiments both in applied research and research aimed purely at extending knowledge.(5) Decision making has been a classic topic of academic research and applied practice.(6) The way that speculation is discussed has generated a substantial literature in applied language study, with two important manifestations.(7) The book is weaker in the chapters in which the authors examine the applied issues of legal pluralism.(8) We work on a mixture of applied and wacky theoretical stuff.(9) Extruding twice was done only to increase the concentration of food waste in the final mixture and is not recommended as an applied practice.(10) Science and environmental studies support it, and applied health studies made course evaluations available to students this term.(11) The program offers applied research experience that emerges from the student's professional environment.(12) It aims to promote basic and applied research in the medical sciences and biotechnology in Scotland.(13) Set in place an early commitment to modernisation of agricultural practice by way of applied science.(14) Aside from econometrics, most women appear to do research in applied rather than theoretical issues.(15) The overall goal was to introduce the students to both oral and written presentations of applied chemistry research.(16) Factions within the party were hostile to antiquated academic privileges and promoted new forms of applied scientific research and practice.
(1) apply :: sich bewerben
(2) applied for :: für ... beworben haben
(3) applied research :: angewandte Forschung
(4) not applied :: nicht angewandt
(5) applied mathematics :: angewandte Mathematik
(6) applied science :: Angewandte Wissenschaft
(7) be applied :: angewendet werden
(8) applied art :: angewandte Kunst
(9) applied chemistry :: angewandte Chemie
(10) applied statistics :: angewendete Statistiken
(11) applied load :: Auflast
2. be relevant ::
4. exert ::
5. use ::
6. hold ::
7. enforce ::
8. lend oneself ::
9. give ::
1. impracticable ::
2. impractical ::
3. inapplicable ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
CalTech Department of Applied Physics.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
Excellency APPLIED to robbery.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 2
l APPLIED industry-standard multiplier,
added market value of your real estate.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
I’ve APPLIED skin closure strips,
so you don’t need to be stitched up again.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
The gods' laws must be
APPLIED to all equally.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
English to German Dictionary: applied
Meaning and definitions of applied, translation in German language for applied with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of applied in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "applied"
What applied means in German, applied meaning in German, applied definition, examples and pronunciation of applied in German language.