aneignen, zu eigen machen, beschlagnahmen, sich etw aneignenangemessen, geeignet, angebracht, entsprechend, angezeigt, passend, zweckdienlich, dementsprechend, gemäß, zuständig, einschlägig, betreffend
Verb(1) give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause(2) take possession of by force, as after an invasion
Adjective(1) suitable for a particular person or place or condition etc
(1) it's not appropriate for him to be present(2) In those circumstances we say it is appropriate for costs to follow the event.(3) But it is important to make sure the play programme is appropriate to the child.(4) The state, apparently, is to decide what material is appropriate for academic inquiry.(5) It would certainly not be appropriate to grant a stay in these circumstances.(6) In this circumstance it is appropriate to depend upon a set of rules for swift action.(7) A spokesman for the railway said the company didn't feel it was appropriate to comment at this stage.(8) As I prepare to leave Scotland for a while, it seems appropriate to focus on some of those bigger issues.(9) Given the title, it may be appropriate to consider the semiology of it all.(10) It's appropriate to apologise when you've been wrong but re-writing the past is not an option.(11) to make the appropriate arrangements(12) Some content during this event may not be appropriate for all audiences.(13) A conditional discharge would be appropriate for the offences in all the circumstances.(14) I felt it was entirely appropriate to honour my adopted country in my new hometown.(15) In this particular case I made the decision that it was not appropriate to do that.(16) Speed must be appropriate for the conditions, the size and type of vessel, and the safety of others in the area.
(1) appropriate action :: angemessene Maßnahme
(2) appropriate time :: angemessene Zeit
(3) appropriate measures :: angemessene Maßnahmen
(4) appropriate technology :: geeignete Technologie
(5) appropriate person :: geeignete Person
(6) appropriate authority :: zuständige Behörde
(7) appropriate measure :: geeignete Maßnahme
(8) be appropriate :: sei anständig
1. suitable ::
2. seize ::
3. steal ::
4. plagiarize ::
5. allocate ::
6. capture ::
7. allow ::
appropriate, appropriated, appropriately, appropriateness, appropriates, appropriating
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Try to wear something APPROPRIATE.
It won't help my case if the judge...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
I will find an APPROPRIATE sperm donor
for your eggs...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
Oh, derived from the word "angel."
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
...and then you say something APPROPRIATE
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 1
...we need the APPROPRIATE words
to mark this historic scientific event.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
English to German Dictionary: appropriate
Meaning and definitions of appropriate, translation in German language for appropriate with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of appropriate in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "appropriate"
What appropriate means in German, appropriate meaning in German, appropriate definition, examples and pronunciation of appropriate in German language.