Sein, Wesen, Dasein, Wesenheit, Geschöpf
Noun(1) the state or fact of existing(2) a living thing that has (or can develop
Verb(1) have the quality of being; (copula, used with an adjective or a predicate noun(2) be identical to; be someone or something(3) occupy a certain position or area; be somewhere(4) have an existence, be extant(5) happen, occur, take place(6) be identical or equivalent to(7) form or compose(8) work in a specific place, with a specific subject, or in a specific function(9) represent, as of a character on stage(10) spend or use time(11) have life, be alive(12) to remain unmolested, undisturbed, or uninterrupted -- used only in infinitive form(13) be priced at
(1) holism promotes a unified way of being(2) Spinoza argued that natural rights were those that were within a being 's power to secure.(3) the railroad brought many towns into being(4) There is bliss, a deep peace, and a feeling of unity with all things and perfection of being .(5) All that was there was a being that attacked them with a lot of little flying things.(6) Why had she phrased it as though it were an affliction rather than a state of being ?(7) They do not need the fiery Mars-energy, but have a more tranquil mode of being .(8) In this thermonuclear age, defense is best assured by a strong air force in being .(9) It is the ability to integrate and harmonize diametrically opposed views or states of being .(10) The East Window is one of the few items in the Minster where we have such a personal account of how it came into being .(11) My heart was brimful as I said this, and I spoke with all the fervency of my being .(12) The being kept following me as if I where drawing it with a magnet, and I didn't dare to let it touch me.(13) Maybe it is purely the perception of energy patterns at all that keeps us distracted on the doing and not the being .(14) Is there in the whole world a being who would have the right to forgive and could forgive?(15) This kind of scenario has always made me very queasy, right to the very core of my being .(16) Everything that is, say the Chinese, tends to move through nine stages of being .
(1) be :: Sein
(2) human being :: menschliches Wesen
(3) for the time being :: vorerst
(4) well-being :: Wohlbefinden
(5) come into being :: entstehen
(6) being used :: verwendet werden
(7) being that :: das zu sein
(8) being alone :: Alleinsein
(9) being in love :: verliebt sein
(10) being held :: wird gehalten
(11) being late :: Verspätung
1. existence ::
2. soul ::
3. creature ::
4. organism ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm BEING reckless,
and you might be right,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 13
Not if you're BEING crazy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 17
All over Westeros
we hear of septs BEING burned,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
...for just BEING myself.
I always had to earn it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
Once inside, the only one
who can guarantee you BEING free
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
English to German Dictionary: being
Meaning and definitions of being, translation in German language for being with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of being in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "being"
What being means in German, being meaning in German, being definition, examples and pronunciation of being in German language.