Firma, Gesellschaft, Kompanie, Begleitung, Truppe, Gemeinschaft, Schar, Verkehr, Besuch, Runde
Noun(1) an institution created to conduct business(2) small military unit; usually two or three platoons(3) the state of being with someone(4) organization of performers and associated personnel (especially theatrical(5) a social or business visitor(6) a social gathering of guests or companions(7) a band of people associated temporarily in some activity(8) crew of a ship including the officers; the whole force or personnel of a ship(9) a unit of firefighters including their equipment
Verb(1) be a companion to somebody
(1) I probably would have invited him over if I hadn't been expecting company anytime soon.(2) a company director(3) In the late 1980s, Galina Samsova, a former dancer with the company , took the helm.(4) Just before the dive Jose Luis tells us that we can expect company .(5) When we returned home, my father had company and invited us to join them.(6) we're going to have company for Christmas(7) If he was expecting company than why did he look so disgruntled when he answered the door?(8) One of the actors in his company is a young William Shakespeare, and Romeo and Juliet is first performed here.(9) company director(10) the ship's company(11) I could do with some company(12) The company creates two new performances a year and often tours to Jakarta and Surabaya.(13) I parted company with the old car(14) I'm expecting company(15) there was mixed company there(16) Secondly, that I love my friends, both old and new and thoroughly enjoy their company .
(1) insurance company :: Versicherungsunternehmen
(2) parent company :: Muttergesellschaft
(3) trading company :: Handelsunternehmen
(4) holding company :: holding
(5) company name :: Name der Firma
(6) shipping company :: Versandunternehmen
(7) company director :: Firmenchef
(8) private company :: Privatunternehmen
(9) public limited company :: Aktiengesellschaft
1. firm ::
2. companionship ::
4. group ::
5. unit ::
6. troupe ::
7. caller ::
8. party ::
9. ship's company ::
10. companion ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I don't care what any damned
insurance COMPANY thinks.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
...you can contact the phone COMPANY,
set up your own Wi-Fi and pay for it...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
If the Lannisters
and the Golden Company attack,
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
So I'll have lots of COMPANY.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
with no women to keep us COMPANY.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
English to German Dictionary: company
Meaning and definitions of company, translation in German language for company with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of company in German and in English
Tags for the entry "company"
What company means in German, company meaning
in German, company definition, examples and pronunciation
of company in German language.