Gespräch, Unterhaltung, Konversation, Rede, Plauderei
Noun(1) the use of speech for informal exchange of views or ideas or information etc.
(1) We would like to apologise to the lovely Ben if he is feeling distressed by this conversation .(2) The smoking ban has even fashioned the return of courtship through conversation .(3) she picked up the phone and held a conversation in French(4) the two men were deep in conversation(5) Far from providing a little less conversation , the theft has become a talking piece in the pub.(6) In many ways, this being on the same wavelength makes for easy and fluent conversation .(7) The exact detail of that conversation will remain a mystery, as neither party will tell.(8) That single conversation was to prove crucial to the storm that was to break hours later.(9) In conversation we discuss the power of music to get us through those dark nights of the soul.(10) I am simply not used to being required to carry out conversation at all hours of the day.(11) I'd taken control of where this conversation was going and at the same time stopped it dead.(12) Whether or not it's going to snow tomorrow is the only topic of conversation today.(13) This morning had an utterly lunatic conversation with the guy in our new corner shop.(14) it was an interesting topic of conversation(15) It's intriguing how quickly he will steer any given conversation back to politics.(16) This reminded me of a very different conversation overheard in our previous gym steam room.
(1) telephone conversation :: Telefongespräch
(2) make conversation :: führe eine Konversation
(3) casual conversation :: ungezwungenes Gespräch
(4) private conversation :: Private Unterhaltung
(5) start a conversation :: eine Konversation beginnen
(6) hold a conversation :: ein Gespräch führen
(7) topic of conversation :: Thema der Konversation
(8) conversation class :: Konversationskurs
1. discussion ::
2. talk ::
3. chat ::
4. gossip ::
6. heart-to-heart ::
Herz zu Herz
7. exchange ::
8. dialogue ::
9. confab ::
10. jaw ::
11. chitchat ::
13. gabfest ::
15. colloquy ::
conversation, conversational, conversations
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Or a CONVERSATION
about the Transformers...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 2
and we'll forget
this unfortunate CONVERSATION ever happened.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
It's not like I'm unfamiliar
with the "get lost" CONVERSATION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 18
I'm mapping basic topics of CONVERSATION
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 16
"The Professor had ordered me to leak
the CONVERSATION with the Inspector.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
English to German Dictionary: conversation
Meaning and definitions of conversation, translation in German language for conversation with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of conversation in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "conversation"
What conversation means in German, conversation meaning in German, conversation definition, examples and pronunciation of conversation in German language.