trotz, ungeachtet, bei
Noun(1) lack of respect accompanied by a feeling of intense dislike(2) contemptuous disregard
(1) She had a short dark hair cut framing a face that remained impish despite her age.(2) the despite done by him to the holy relics(3) the theater only earns my despite(4) he played well, despite being injured(5) Yet, despite the upheavals of the modern age, they bring the book to a close on an optimistic note.(6) Hence, very few workers will be affected by this decision, despite all the media publicity!(7) A court was told that despite his age the boy admitted stealing cash to pay for his drug habit.(8) he remains a great leader despite age and infirmity(9) We waited for more than half an hour to be seated despite having made a reservation far in advance.(10) He's certainly going to try, despite the escalating violence that threatens to engulf him.(11) Well, I did go out on New Year's Eve after all, despite having a horrible headache.(12) Yet the hype shows little sign of abating, despite the slowdown affecting capital markets.(13) Somehow, any mention of this film passed me by, despite its critical acclaim.(14) the weather held out, despite some dark clouds(15) He'd been turned away from the bar on suspicion of being under age despite being 28.(16) However, despite these examinations a fracture in his foot allegedly went undetected.
(1) despite of :: trotz
(2) despite the fact that :: trotz der Tatsache dass
(3) despite everything :: trotz allem
(4) despite all :: trotz allem
(5) in despite of :: zum Trotz
1. disdain ::
2. contempt ::
3. scorn ::
4. in spite of ::
5. notwithstanding ::
6. regardless of ::
7. in the face of ::
8. for all ::
9. even with ::
1. admiration ::
2. esteem ::
3. estimation ::
4. favor ::
5. regard ::
6. respect ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Despite their tendency
to build Death Stars...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
Despite all my e-mails, the
toilet didn't have a seatbelt.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
Because DESPITE his fame and fortune,
he strikes me as a lonely00:03:14,63
00:03:20,827 --> 00:03:22,787
Well, it's very sweet of you
to go to all this trouble
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 24
Despite what it says
on her résumé,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 13
...DESPITE the fact you've done
no original research in 25 years...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 4
English to German Dictionary: despite
Meaning and definitions of despite, translation in German language for despite with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of despite in German and in English
Tags for the entry "despite"
What despite means in German, despite meaning
in German, despite definition, examples and pronunciation
of despite in German language.