andere, anders, verschieden, unterschiedlich, ungleich, verschiedenartig, fremd, gegensätzlich
Adjective(1) unlike in nature or quality or form or degree(2) distinctly separate from the first, or different(3) differing from all others; not ordinary(4) distinct or separate
(1) For me it's not that different from producing a painting or performing a piece of music.(2) Traditionally, these two approaches have different theoretical perspectives.(3) It's very different from here, and high on the list of reasons why I need to move to a big city soon.(4) We had to employ a fresh set of eyes before we set about using a different method to enhance what we had found.(5) It is the only element in retail in Bury that makes our town different , even unique.(6) And since the last recession, they've gone in different directions all together.(7) The new improved model works in a rather different way from the original version.(8) his new book isn't much different to his other books(9) Being a group of individuals, we all had different ways of dealing with the problem.(10) It was really good, and interesting because the style of food was very different .(11) This novel approach means that we need not one law for all but a different one for each individual.(12) Someone from your doctor's office takes photographs of your face from different angles.(13) He says that life in Bolton is not too different to that in Austria, except for the weather.(14) The dog, often in conjunction with the skull, points in different directions.(15) Since they are kept at different angles, the pots serve as sound reflectors.(16) To start with, it is common to distinguish between two different kinds of validity.
(1) different from :: anders als
(2) quite different :: ganz anders
(3) very different :: sehr verschieden
(4) be different :: Sei anders
(5) many different :: viele verschiedene
(6) different ways :: verschiedene Wege
(7) different kinds :: Verschiedene Arten
(8) in different ways :: auf veschiedenen Wegen
(9) in a different way :: auf andere Weise
(10) different than :: anders als
1. dissimilar ::
3. distinct ::
4. unusual ::
1. alike ::
2. identical ::
3. indistinguishable ::
nicht zu unterscheiden
4. kin ::
5. kindred ::
6. like ::
7. parallel ::
8. same ::
9. similar ::
different, differential, differentials, differently
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
lf he'd kind of taken his life
in a DIFFERENT direction, who knows?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 5
Does "fuck off" mean
something DIFFERENT where you're from?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 10
Something happened DIFFERENT
from the way you wanted it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 20
I see no reason to suspect universe
number 44 will be any DIFFERENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
I'm a DIFFERENT person now.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
English to German Dictionary: different
Meaning and definitions of different, translation in German language for different with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of different in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "different"
What different means in German, different meaning in German, different definition, examples and pronunciation of different in German language.