Domain, Domäne, Gebiet, Reich, Wirkungsbereich, Gut
Noun(1) a particular environment or walk of life(2) territory over which rule or control is exercised(3) (mathematics(4) people in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest(5) the content of a particular field of knowledge
(1) the expanding domain of psychology(2) After dark, the street milieu is the domain of the shadowy.(3) the country's isolation in the domain of sport(4) ├ö├ç├┐We go into the domain of controls, locks, throws and take-downs,├ö├ç├û he says.(5) Here, I have a privilege of working with people who have expertise in their own domain areas for more than a decade.(6) All of this occurred essentially at once - no one domain drove the others.(7) The vast domain now had an area of nearly eleven and a half million square miles, and a population of more than a fifth of the people of the globe.(8) Moreover, particularly in developing countries, the use of personal computers had yet to be adapted to a legal domain .(9) In this domain , as with so much modern technology, people are not just consumers; they're producers.(10) I have never had the luxury of living and thinking in an exclusively theoretical cinematic domain .(11) In this case, this is not a problem, since the domain of the sine function is all real numbers.(12) Despite his advanced age, he has plans to visit areas of his former domain where he is not well-liked.(13) If hegemony is not consensual in this new domain , it won't long last.(14) Or is the nuthouse the perfect front from which to control his gangland domain ?(15) We noted at the time that despite hundreds of legal letters to domain holders, only one of these cases had proceeded to court, and that was settled.(16) She calls for a new understanding of family, one that does not separate a public masculine world of paid employment from a private feminine domain of care.
(1) domain name :: Domain-Namen
(2) public domain :: public domain
(3) eminent domain :: eminent domain
(4) time domain :: Zeitbereich
(5) domain name server :: Domain Name Server
(6) domain knowledge :: Fachwissen
(7) application domain :: Anwendungsbereich
1. realm ::
2. field ::
3. world ::
4. knowledge base ::
5. orbit ::
6. demesne ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Time for him to tour the Vale,
to visit all the castles in his DOMAIN.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
what do you say we get back
to surface tension of DOMAIN walls?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 10
I know it's strictly
your DOMAIN, but, um...
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
English to German Dictionary: domain
Meaning and definitions of domain, translation in German language for domain with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of domain in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "domain"
What domain means in German, domain meaning in German, domain definition, examples and pronunciation of domain in German language.