gleich, gleichwertig, ebenbürtig, paritätisch, ausgeglichen, gleich gestellt, ausgewogengleichen, gleichkommen
Noun(1) a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
Verb(1) be identical or equivalent to(2) be equal to in quality or ability(3) make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching
Adjective(1) having the same quantity, value, or measure as another(2) having the requisite qualities or resources to meet a task
(1) Nearly equal amounts of the hormone are derived from the adrenal glands and the ovaries.(2) Until the achievement of equal pay in 1974, men fared better than women.(3) We are taught that all men are created equal in the eyes of God and there is only one God.(4) No one is above the law and everyone is equal before the law.(5) Women are finally becoming equal with men and not before time.(6) We're all more or less equal : let the calculators do the dividing.(7) Instead, all property should be owned collectively, and all people should have equal social and economic status.(8) Under a human-rights focused democracy, all people are equal before the law.(9) a high price doesn't equal high quality(10) it was an equal fight(11) He also knows the critical letters will be balanced by an equal number of friendly letters.(12) For example, a student knows that 32 degrees Fahrenheit is freezing and is equal to 0 degrees Celsius.(13) In respect to civil rights, all citizens are equal before the law.(14) We begin with a law of international relations: no action involving two countries has equal effects on each.(15) The primary goal of school reform must be to provide more equal education opportunities.(16) The sum of the angles of a triangle is equal to two right angles.
(1) equal to :: gleich
(2) equal rights :: Gleichberechtigung
(3) equal opportunities :: Chancengleichheit
(4) not equal :: nicht gleich
(5) equal pay :: gleiches Gehalt
(6) equal opportunity :: Chancengleichheit
(7) less than or equal to :: Gleich oder kleiner als
(8) equal footing :: gleichberechtigt
(9) be equal :: gleich
(10) equal parts :: gleiche Teile
1. identical ::
2. equivalent to ::
3. unbiased ::
4. evenly matched ::
5. adequate ::
6. equivalent ::
7. peer ::
8. be equal to ::
9. match ::
10. be as good as ::
sein so gut wie
11. be ::
12. equalize ::
13. touch ::
1. biased ::
2. inequitable ::
3. partial ::
4. partisan ::
5. prejudiced ::
6. unjust ::
coequal, coequals, equal, equaled, equaling, equality, equalization, equalize, equalizes, equalling, equally, equals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And I have Ragnar's word
that we will all be EQUAL
Vikings Season 1, Episode 2
...and is immediately
sliced into three EQUAL pieces.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
All sinners are EQUAL before the gods.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
Together they EQUAL all the others.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
Are all those things
EQUAL to you?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 15
English to German Dictionary: equal
Meaning and definitions of equal, translation in German language for equal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of equal in German and in English
Tags for the entry "equal"
What equal means in German, equal meaning
in German, equal definition, examples and pronunciation
of equal in German language.