Flamme, Feuer, Fackelflammen, lodern, leuchten, funkeln, gleißen
Noun(1) the process of combustion of inflammable materials producing heat and light and (often
Verb(1) shine with a sudden light(2) be in flames or aflame(3) criticize harshly, usually via an electronic medium
(1) Where the two wings met, in the middle, was a ruby shaped into a flame .(2) The handle was shaped as a dragon, and the blade, shaped as the flame it was spitting out.(3) The flame of truism burns bright in Shane's love for Dostoyevsky's kind of Crime & Punishment.(4) If the flame of literature burns strongly in Swindon, though, one man is perhaps responsible for keeping it healthily fanned.(5) All but one of the items ignited when the candle flame came near the decoration and over half completely disintegrated.(6) Try to avoid putting flame bright colours next to wishy-washy pink, or vice versa, but don't be afraid to mix bright colours in zingy combinations.(7) She decided to go for it, and pulled back the paper to be suddenly confronted by a large ruby carved into the shape of a flame .(8) your opinions and mine are probably different, but please don't flame me(9) warm the whiskey slightly, pour over the lobster, and flame it(10) A sugar maple, winch will flame up so brilliant orange in autumn it seems to warm the air around it.(11) Remember, a flame is not about responding to a story - it is merely the vehicle by which you can tell the world what's wrong with it.(12) Nearly 60 per cent of candle fires start when the flame comes into contact with nearby combustible materials.(13) The winning flame continues to burn bright within O'Neill's men and it remains to be seen if anyone can snuff it out.(14) warm the whisky slightly, pour over the lobster, and flame it(15) Asters look fabulous combined with gold variegated trailing ivies and heathers with lime-green or flame coloured foliage.(16) a sheet of flame blocked my escape
(1) eternal flame :: ewige Flamme
(2) old flame :: alte Flamme
(3) flame out :: Flamme
(4) flame of love :: Flamme der Liebe
(5) flame up :: entflammen
(6) burst into flame :: entflammen
(7) flame war :: Flammenkrieg
(8) flame-thrower :: Flammenwerfer
1. fire ::
2. passion ::
3. sweetheart ::
4. burn ::
5. become red ::
6. flare ::
flame, flamed, flames, flaming, flamings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The FLAME will come to you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
And the brighter the FLAME,
the darker they are.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
...and the FLAME goes out...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 22
Bring him back from
death and darkness. Restore his FLAME.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
the Flame of Truth,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
English to German Dictionary: flame
Meaning and definitions of flame, translation in German language for flame with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of flame in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "flame"
What flame means in German, flame meaning in German, flame definition, examples and pronunciation of flame in German language.