Gras, Rasen, Wiese, Weide, Weideland, Spitzel, Singvogelsingen
Noun(1) narrow-leaved green herbage: grown as lawns; used as pasture for grazing animals; cut and dried as hay(2) German writer of novels and poetry and plays (born 1927(3) a police informer who implicates many people(4) bulky food like grass or hay for browsing or grazing horses or cattle(5) street names for marijuana
Verb(1) shoot down, of birds(2) cover with grass(3) spread out clothes on the grass to let it dry and bleach(4) feed with grass(5) give away information about somebody
(1) People are selling off household assets and livestock in order to survive, and are eating wild plants and grass seeds.(2) They also eat certain types of grass and may eat wild fruits like berries if these grow in their natural habitat.(3) You'd still have to grass up whoever made the posting, though.(4) Neither of them wore shoes on the soft, springy, green grass .(5) Charlie spent many hours lying on the grass or patrolling atop the wall.(6) What a lovely, fast, practically empty stretch of motorway that is - so new the embankments to either side aren't yet covered by grass .(7) When we were children if you sat on the grass the police would come and tell you to move.(8) Her evidence was that as they walked in the park, the appellant steered her off the footpath onto the grass .(9) Anyone even thought to be left wing was subpoenaed, defamed and then blacklisted by the studio bosses if they refused to grass on their friends.(10) The grass has grown, the hawthorn hedge is fully in leaf, different plants are in bloom and new ones are sprouting, apple and pear trees are in blossom.(11) Include some bare ground rather than all grass , ground cover, or mulch.(12) There are all sorts of ways to get grass or crops to grow.(13) Convicted criminals will be urged to grass on their fellow inmates by a new range of cutlery carrying the number of the Crimestoppers scheme.(14) Temporary alfalfa pasture can reduce grazing pressure on grass pastures and provide better quality forage.(15) Soon after the breakfast, she goes back to her enclosure where she is provided with green grass , fodder and occasionally sugarcane.(16) the farms were mostly given over to grass
(1) green grass :: grünes Gras
(2) cut grass :: geschnittenes Gras
(3) mow the grass :: mähen das Gras
(4) blade of grass :: Grashalm
(5) grass skirt :: Graßrock
(6) dry grass :: trockenes Gras
(7) cutting grass :: Gras schneiden
(8) grass-roots :: grass-roots
(9) artificial grass :: Kunstrasen
1. turf ::
2. eatage ::
3. sess ::
4. supergrass ::
5. betray ::
6. grass over ::
grass, grassed, grasses, grassing, grassy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Why can't the GRASS
always be greener on your side?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea,
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 10
They only eat GRASS.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1
Really, a walking
clump of swamp GRASS?
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 12
English to German Dictionary: grass
Meaning and definitions of grass, translation in German language for grass with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of grass in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "grass"
What grass means in German, grass meaning in German, grass definition, examples and pronunciation of grass in German language.