Schaden, Schädigung, Leid, Verletzung, Beeinträchtigung, Abbruch, Böseschaden, schädigen, beeinträchtigen, Schaden zufügen, verletzen, zuleide tun, zu Leide tun, verdunkeln
Noun(1) any physical damage to the body caused by violence or accident or fracture etc.(2) the occurrence of a change for the worse(3) the act of damaging something or someone
Verb(1) cause or do harm to
(1) These are just a few among many examples of how the evidence for harm from current air pollution levels is far weaker than ALA claims.(2) Activists feared attacks would only harm a population already devastated by two decades of war and famine.(3) They are not usually considered to be an important part of the vehicle. However these bumpers somehow decrease harm and damage done to your car during any accidents.(4) If pain is inflicted without lasting physical harm , does that make it better or worse?(5) Two reports tonight highlight the Internet's potential for harm .(6) Intravenous drug errors are a potential source of serious harm for patients and risk reduction strategies should be developed accordingly.(7) We accept that freedom of expression has the potential to cause harm to others.(8) An assault is committed where a person inflicts bodily harm on another.(9) While he was not a violent person by nature, he knew that there was within him the potential to do harm to himself or to others.(10) There has been particular concern that she would physically harm the child if allowed access.(11) Once BW agents have fallen to the ground, these are not likely to cause harm in humans, unless through secondary ingestion of contaminated materials.(12) They may believe that they never physically harm anyone but in fact may cause serious psychological damage or pain.(13) Mrs Thelwell secured retrospective planning permission to put up a new staircase and partition wall at Sundial House as councillors accepted the work had not resulted in any material harm .(14) However, in the case of the U.S.-China textile trade, the U.S. imposed the measures before actual harm had taken place.(15) smoking when pregnant can harm your baby(16) Do you think she'd inflict bodily harm on him?
(1) do harm :: Schaden anrichten
(2) no harm done :: keinen Schaden angerichtet
(3) bodily harm :: Körperverletzung
(4) grievous bodily harm :: schwere Körperverletzung
(5) cause harm :: Schaden anrichten
(6) great harm :: großes Leid
(7) more harm than good :: mehr Schaden als Gutes
1. injury ::
2. evil ::
4. trauma ::
5. damage ::
6. injure ::
7. damage ::
harm, harmed, harmful, harming, harmless, harms
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I've never had it,
but there's no HARM in
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 6
I have known Lord Walder since I was a girl.
He would never HARM me.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
No! You said no HARM
would come to them if I yielded.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
risk of physical HARM
or uncomfortable eye contact
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 13
you don't care, so there's
no HARM in telling you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
English to German Dictionary: harm
Meaning and definitions of harm, translation in German language for harm with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of harm in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "harm"
What harm means in German, harm meaning in German, harm definition, examples and pronunciation of harm in German language.