Paar, Pärchen, Gespann, Paarlauf, Dinger, Vorbaupaaren, paarweise anordnen, in Paaren anordnen
Noun(1) a set of two similar things considered as a unit(2) two items of the same kind(3) two people considered as a unit(4) a poker hand with 2 cards of the same value
Verb(1) form a pair or pairs(2) bring two objects, ideas, or people together(3) occur in pairs(4) arrange in pairs(5) engage in sexual intercourse
(1) Once outside, Rebecca donned a pair of sunglasses, effectively hiding her silvery eyes.(2) I quickly hurried over to the closet and pulled out my cleanest pair of jeans.(3) Then I was idly wondering what kind of sauce to pair with this pasta.(4) I yanked a white boat neck sweater over the gray halter to pair with the pleated gray skirt I was wearing.(5) I think one of them had a pair of nines and one had a pair of aces.(6) In many species pairs are stable for at least three years, and some butterflyfishes may pair for life.(7) So singletons out there, don't give up hope, your pair is out there somewhere!(8) He added a pair of filters that correspond to two bands of infrared light needed to detect aflatoxin and fumonisin.(9) Pair a basic pair of jeans with a shirt you really like, or a cool belt or shoes.(10) Grab a pair of sharp scissors and at least two pairs of pants you won't miss until next winter.(11) The proposed jackpot would be awarded, for a side bet, to players receiving both a royal flush and a pair of aces.(12) a company run by a pair of brothers(13) a pair of scissors(14) Females pair with a male within a day of arriving and begin building their first nest within a few days.(15) Sally suggests putting together a pair of straight trousers with a biggish top and a belt slung around loosely.(16) get out, the pair of you
(1) au pair :: Au Pair
(2) a pair of :: ein Paar
(3) a pair :: ein Paar
(4) a pair of shoes :: Ein Paar Schuhe
(5) pair up :: paaren
(6) pair of scissors :: Schere
(7) pair of shoes :: Paar Schuhe
(8) a pair of scissors :: eine Schere
(9) a pair of trousers :: eine Hose
(10) pair of pants :: Hose
2. two ::
3. couplet ::
4. couple ::
5. duad ::
6. brace ::
7. match ::
8. geminate ::
9. pair off ::
10. mate ::
11. twin ::
pair, paired, pairing, pairings, pairs, pairwise
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
What will we do
with a PAIR of scissors and a hand saw?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
I've seen you two whispering in the
night, giggling like a PAIR of girls.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
and Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler,
a PAIR of real-life scientists
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
Well, let me just go find a PAIR
of shoes that aren't so tall.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
...from your desperate need
to PAIR bond with a woman...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 5
English to German Dictionary: pair
Meaning and definitions of pair, translation in German language for pair with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pair in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "pair"
What pair means in German, pair meaning in German, pair definition, examples and pronunciation of pair in German language.