verweigern, ablehnen, sich weigern, versagen, zurückweisen, abschlagen, verwehren, verzichten, abweisen, absagen, bockenAbfall, Müll, Unrat
- sich weigernverweigertverweigertVersagung
Noun(1) food that is discarded (as from a kitchen
Verb(1) show unwillingness towards(2) refuse to accept(3) elude, especially in a baffling way(4) refuse to let have(5) resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ(6) refuse entrance or membership
(1) We want to avoid this wherever possible but despite the fact we pay for flights and offer generous resettlement grants, many of these failed claimants still refuse to leave.(2) Staff from the arts centre had to collect three refuse bags full of rubbish that was left strewn about outside.(3) He said at present three companies collect refuse in the area.(4) The clearest indication of the council's failure to understand what is happening can be found in their claims regarding reduction in the amount of domestic refuse going to landfill.(5) heaps of refuse(6) refuse collection(7) But it might also whet the public's appetite and be less of a burden on the taxpayer should motorists stubbornly refuse to leave their cars at home.(8) The bill does not include the cost of domestic and business refuse collections.(9) We were told only garden and household refuse could be left free of charge.(10) The council is already looking at a range of measures to tackle the growing problem of litter, trade waste, domestic refuse and fly-tipping.(11) The skip containers will be used mainly for garden refuse and rubbish which does not generally fit in the normal green drums.(12) They also say that if materials for recycling are placed in the proper boxes, there should not be enough domestic refuse left to warrant a weekly collection.(13) The dumping will be supervised, to ensure that only garden refuse is deposited.(14) The increased refuse disposal charges are leading to a growth in indiscriminate and illegal dumping, writes Denis J. Croke.(15) Under the present scheme, there is a weekly collection of refuse in black sacks, one bag of garden waste collected a week and fortnightly collections of recycling items, in bags.(16) Aides to the reclusive cleric, however, have indicated that he will refuse to back a specific party in the December vote.
(1) to refuse :: ablehnen
(2) refuse collector :: Müllmann
(3) refuse collection :: Müllabfuhr
(4) refuse disposal :: Müllbeseitigung
(5) refuse bin :: Mülleimer
(6) refuse to accept :: weigern zu akzeptieren
(7) refuse dump :: Abfallhaufen
1. garbage ::
2. decline ::
3. withhold ::
4. turn away ::
5. resist ::
6. deny ::
1. allow ::
2. concede ::
3. grant ::
4. let ::
5. permit ::
refuse, refused, refuses, refusing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
Tell me exact specific laws
or l REFUSE. Right now.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
are you saying we make him an offer
he can't REFUSE?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
And if I REFUSE?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
And I REFUSE to carry
my laptop at the end of a stick.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 24
English to German Dictionary: refuse
Meaning and definitions of refuse, translation in German language for refuse with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of refuse in German and in English
Tags for the entry "refuse"
What refuse means in German, refuse meaning
in German, refuse definition, examples and pronunciation
of refuse in German language.