verkaufen, vertreiben, absetzen, handeln, sich verkaufen, verraten, führen, schmackhaft machen, haben, überzeugen, liquidieren, sich verkaufen lassen, zugkräftig machen, abschließen, versetzen, aufschwatzenVerkaufstaktik, Verkaufsmethode, Pleite, Zugkraft, Attraktivität, Reinfall
Noun(1) the activity of persuading someone to buy
Verb(1) exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent(2) be sold at a certain price or in a certain way(3) persuade somebody to accept something(4) do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood(5) give up for a price or reward(6) be approved of or gain acceptance(7) be responsible for the sale of(8) deliver to an enemy by treachery
(1) the excitement of scientific achievement is too subtle a sell to stir the public(2) Our stock is small simply because supermarkets sell popular books cheaper than we can buy them.(3) In my outline of the different venues available to sell your work I have not mentioned books or magazines.(4) Though the irony was glaring, it was a tough sell to ad agencies.(5) It's an easy sell there, because that's where the commodity has value.(6) do not your lawyers sell all their practice, as your priests their prayers?(7) every other television commercial is a sell for Australian lager(8) Buying a second home in the Desert Southwest was not an easy sell to Sue.(9) to sell yourself(10) The average rider reads these, guarding against the eventual sell .(11) actually, Hawaii's a bit of a sell(12) We'll look at the tough sell facing our commerce secretary in Beijing.(13) scandals sell newspapers(14) But so much of it is a real-life cartoon, that little kids seem a natural sell .(15) I would also deliver items to stores where people worked to stock and sell them.(16) For one, getting capital from skittish investors proved a tough sell .
(1) to sell :: verkaufen
(2) buy and sell :: kaufen und verkaufen
(3) hard sell :: schwer verkäuflich
(4) sell up :: zu Geld machen
(5) sell-off :: Ausverkauf
(6) sell-by date :: Ablaufdatum
(7) sell short :: verkaufen kurze
(8) sell well :: verkaufe gut
1. put up for sale ::
in Aufmachungen für den Verkauf
2. trade in ::
3. go ::
4. cost ::
5. promote ::
6. betray ::
7. trade ::
1. buy ::
2. purchase ::
sell, seller, sellers, selling, sells
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
This is smart.
You really wanna try
to SELL a DEA agent
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 4
Oh, I already found a guy online
who's willing to SELL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
but refused to SELL it.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 1
l don't accept that.
l don't accept that he won't SELL.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
would convince any Spaniard
to SELL their mother.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 7
English to German Dictionary: sell
Meaning and definitions of sell, translation in German language for sell with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of sell in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "sell"
What sell means in German, sell meaning in German, sell definition, examples and pronunciation of sell in German language.