stolpern, straucheln, stocken, schlittern
Noun(1) an unsteady uneven gait(2) an unintentional but embarrassing blunder
Verb(1) walk unsteadily(2) miss a step and fall or nearly fall(3) encounter by chance(4) make an error
(1) he parodied my groping stumble across the stage(2) Carlo shouted, which caused me to stumble momentarily until I realised it was the name of the song.(3) He grinned down at her and walked by her giving her a shove making her stumble .(4) I feel as though at any moment I will stumble and fall off the earth.(5) But the boy had seen it trip, stumble and fall into the road, to be knocked down and killed by an oncoming tractor.(6) It's like watching a sober guy walk his drunk friend home; just one stumble and they both hit the sidewalk.(7) Thus, hunters would only have had to have caused T. rex to trip, stumble , and fall in order to obtain an easy prey.(8) At this stage he was correcting himself from a stumble .(9) After mechanically putting the food in her mouth, Jenny barely managed to stumble upstairs and fall into bed.(10) The effort to walk to the cars quickly becomes a stumble as we both loose adrenaline.(11) After half an hour of watching our skaters stumble , lurch and fall our amusement at the slapstick show waned and my daughter and I took refuge in the cafÔö£┬«.(12) As an instinct reaction she hit him back, hard enough to make him stumble to catch his balance.(13) But what's a little stumble when you can walk through a lush cloud forest, gawk at howler monkeys and wade in a lake on the floor of a volcanic crater?(14) A searing cold gale caused Raven to stumble hard, off balance.(15) He did not, however, hold onto her car as he approached it, or stumble or lose his footing.(16) he broke a bone in his foot in a stumble down an Alpine pass
(1) stumble upon :: stolpert
(2) to stumble :: stolpern
(3) stumble on :: drüber gestolpert
(4) stumble across :: stolpern
(5) stumble over :: stolpern über
(6) stumble in :: stolpern in
(7) stumble into :: in etwas hineinstolpern
1. stagger ::
4. stagger ::
5. stammer ::
6. bumble ::
9. hit ::
1. rise ::
stumble, stumbled, stumbles, stumbling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Put this in your mouth, we walk past them,
you STUMBLE a bit.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
So he just happened
to STUMBLE upon a book
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 17
"and somewhere in these woods
your horse will STUMBLE
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
In the rare event that Robert leaves his whores
for long enough to STUMBLE drunk into my bed,
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
You just robbed me of the opportunity
to STUMBLE upon the figurine...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 5
English to German Dictionary: stumble
Meaning and definitions of stumble, translation in German language for stumble with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of stumble in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "stumble"
What stumble means in German, stumble meaning in German, stumble definition, examples and pronunciation of stumble in German language.