rechtfertigen, gewährleisten, verdienen, legitimieren, wettenHaftbefehl, Garantie, Ermächtigung, Durchsuchungsbefehl, Befugnis, Berechtigung, Hinrichtungsbefehl, Patent
Noun(1) a writ from a court commanding police to perform specified acts(2) a type of security issued by a corporation (usually together with a bond or preferred stock(3) formal and explicit approval(4) a written assurance that some product or service will be provided or will meet certain specifications
Verb(1) provide adequate grounds to justify (a certain course of action(2) stand behind and guarantee the quality, accuracy, or condition of
(1) The Commission went on to find that his arrest had been made pursuant to a lawful arrest warrant issued before his abduction.(2) It's serious enough to warrant immediate action.(3) Officers executed a warrant in Chorley, Lancashire, on Thursday and a 29-year-old man was arrested.(4) There is no warrant for the long-term or indefinite detention of a non-UK national whom the Home Secretary wishes to remove.(5) The same evening, officers executed a warrant at an address in Buller Street, Bury, where Craig was arrested.(6) it wouldn't warrant closing the school(7) Moreover, he wrote, the failure to get a warrant was not justified.(8) He disclosed that police had ignored a warrant for Mason's arrest that was issued after he had not appeared for his hearing.(9) As a sheriff is liable for the acts of the officers acting under his warrant , his bailiffs are annually bound to him in an obligation with sureties for the faithful discharge of their office.(10) that offense is serious enough to warrant a court marshal(11) The game probably did not warrant all those red and yellow cards but nevertheless the result keeps Acorn on top of the table.(12) There is no warrant for the claim that he became anti-Christian or antireligious after coming to power.(13) It turned out that a fraud had been committed and that it had been serious enough to warrant the man's prosecution, had he lived until his arrest and trial.(14) Don't you think that this alone is enough to warrant sanctuary zones aimed at protecting not only habitat, but also the valuable breeding stock capable of replenishing other areas?(15) Police have issued a warrant for the arrest of former the York man John Wilson after he failed to turn up at court for allegedly breaching his order.(16) magistrates issued a warrant for his arrest
(1) search warrant :: Durchsuchungsbefehl
(2) arrest warrant :: Haftbefehl
(3) death warrant :: Todesurteil
(4) warrant officer :: stabsfeldwebel
(5) bench warrant :: bench warrant
(6) warrant of arrest :: Haftbefehl
(7) warrant of attorney :: Haftbefehl Macht
1. authorization ::
2. voucher ::
3. stock warrant ::
4. warrantee ::
5. countenance ::
6. justify ::
7. guarantee ::
1. prohibition ::
2. proscription ::
warrant, warranted, warranting, warrants
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Here's your WARRANT.
- So it is.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
Under arrest WARRANT.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 1
What could you possibly have done
to WARRANT my forgiveness?
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
or we wait here
until I get a search WARRANT,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
I have a royal WARRANT
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
English to German Dictionary: warrant
Meaning and definitions of warrant, translation in German language for warrant with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of warrant in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "warrant"
What warrant means in German, warrant meaning in German, warrant definition, examples and pronunciation of warrant in German language.