aufhören, einstellen, beenden, enden, ruhen, verstummen, schweigen
- aufhörenaufhörteunaufhörlichhört aufaufhören
Noun(1) (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease'
Verb(1) put an end to a state or an activity(2) have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical
(1) You can only cease dealing with it if you have dealt with it.(2) Now and again we would have watched a funny TV programme together and hostilities would cease .(3) We could expect that such groups would break up and cease to exist after such a failure.(4) Production will cease at the end of January 2002 and the plant will close shortly afterward.(5) The doctor has a duty to inform the patient that driving should cease and the patient has a duty to act on that advice.(6) on his retirement the job will cease to exist(7) they were asked to cease all military activity(8) Over the next year, her body simply ceased to function.(9) Afterwards it ceases to matter: handshakes all round and down to the pub.(10) Perhaps now that the service has ceased to exist people will begin to realise how valuable it was.(11) With local body reorganisation a number of these positions have ceased to exist.(12) Her coughing ceased for a brief moment when she felt a sharp pain on her lower leg.(13) All activity ceased as soon as Mr Peterson realised that he had been defrauded.(14) While production ceased at the end of World War I, enormous numbers of existing Lewis guns continued to serve.(15) The conversation ceased for a moment when the waitress served their appetizers.(16) Hostilities ceased on 27 July 1953, some three years after they began.
(1) to cease :: aufhören
(2) cease-fire :: Feuerpause
(3) cease to exist :: aufhören zu existieren
(4) cease and desist :: Unterlassungs
(5) cease to be :: aufhören zu sein
(6) cease to be faithful :: aufhören, treu zu sein,
1. come to an end ::
Komm zu einem Ende
2. bring to an end ::
Bring es zu Ende
3. finish ::
1. continue ::
2. persist ::
cease, ceased, ceaseless, ceases, ceasing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"If the punches don’t CEASE,
you’ll end up falling down the same.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
English to German Dictionary: cease
Meaning and definitions of cease, translation in German language for cease with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of cease in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry "cease"
What cease means in German, cease meaning in German, cease definition, examples and pronunciation of cease in German language.