Noun(1) the quality of being able to perform; a quality that permits or facilitates achievement or accomplishment(2) possession of the qualities (especially mental qualities
(1) the manager had lost his ability to motivate the players(2) a man of exceptional ability(3) Mario Jardel has the potential and the ability to become a Bolton Wanderers hero.(4) I'd never seen her in a show before, so I had no idea the extent of her ability .(5) a woman of her ability(6) they'll examine your ability to pay(7) he has great ability as a teacher(8) This indicates that differences in the rate of accumulation of economic knowledge due to natural ability do not exist.(9) His only interests were games - he was of average ability in football and cricket.(10) Many sources cited in the book pay tribute to his ability to include others, to lead.(11) I'm convinced that he possesses the individual technical ability to be in the France team.(12) Making soup requires very little in the way of culinary skills apart from an ability to chop vegetables.(13) It was, in its own way, a triumph: the message of a voiceless woman who never lost her ability to speak.(14) You possess the ability to back your strong imagination with will and action.(15) He has skills and knowledge and an ability to work all over the world that the older men simply don't have.(16) All you are paying for is the ability to say that you've seen it early.
(1) cognitive ability :: kognitive Fähigkeit
(2) lack of ability :: mangelnde Fähigkeit
(3) ability to pay :: Zahlungsfähigkeit
(4) physical ability :: körperliche Fähigkeiten
(5) technical ability :: technische Fähigkeit
(6) natural ability :: natürliche Fähigkeit
(7) mental ability :: mentale Fähigkeit
(8) artistic ability :: künstlerische Fähigkeit
(9) ability to work :: Fähigkeit zu Arbeiten
(10) ability level :: Leistungsstufe
1. capacity ::
2. talent ::
3. power ::
1. disability ::
2. inability ::
3. incapacity ::
4. ineptitude ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Maybe we should test
for that ABILITY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 12
lack the ABILITY to
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 13
All without a shred
of combat ABILITY.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 2
...need the ABILITY to locate
the position of objects in space.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
An extension of his ABILITY
to leap buildings...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
English to German Dictionary: ability
Meaning and definitions of ability, translation in German
language for ability with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ability in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'ability'
What ability means in German, ability meaning
in German, ability
definition, examples and pronunciation
of ability in German language.