Adjective(1) any of various alternatives; some other, or some other
(1) He said he hoped to spend the night with his daughter before seeking another home this morning.(2) his wife left him for another man(3) Mrs Hunt says financial reasons prompted her to share her eggs with another woman.(4) We simply have to convince people that one way of using words is better than another .(5) It is one thing to read of life on board his ship; it is quite another to live it.(6) More of a prickly problem is persuading games publishers that it isn't another Windows 3.0.(7) they scored a goal from another corner(8) Brett leaned over to place a quick kiss on her lips as he cut off another driver to the right of his original lane.(9) If such a deal is not achieved, Cancun could become another Seattle.(10) It was followed by one of him with Nora, then one of him with Emy, and another of him and baby Gail.(11) it's time you found another slave(12) It is one thing becoming a member, quite another to be asked to actually play with the old boys.(13) we have another two kilometres to go(14) boys went to one school, and girls to another(15) Read another way, his words were a warning to Brown to keep his hands out of the contest.(16) come back another day
(1) one another :: einander
(2) another one :: noch einer
(3) another day :: ein anderer Tag
(4) another time :: einander mal
(5) one way or another :: in gewisser Weise
(6) another thing :: etwas anderes
(7) one after another :: einer nach demanderen
(8) another person :: Eine andere Person
(9) another world :: eine andere Welt
(10) another place :: ein anderer Ort
1. one more ::
2. a further ::
3. an additional ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
That is a problem for ANOTHER time.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
I guess I'll call you
and we'll arrange ANOTHER evening.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
Eat ANOTHER pie,
you'll have your own bazongas.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 4
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 5
I don't have time for this.
Find ANOTHER way home.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
English to German Dictionary: another
Meaning and definitions of another, translation in German
language for another with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of another in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'another'
What another means in German, another meaning
in German, another
definition, examples and pronunciation
of another in German language.