Noun(1) a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together(2) physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together(3) a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone(4) a written version of a play or other dramatic composition; used in preparing for a performance(5) a record in which commercial accounts are recorded(6) a collection of playing cards satisfying the rules of a card game(7) a collection of rules or prescribed standards on the basis of which decisions are made(8) the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina(9) the sacred writings of the Christian religions(10) a major division of a long written composition(11) a number of sheets (ticket or stamps etc.
Verb(1) engage for a performance(2) arrange for and reserve (something for someone else(3) record a charge in a police register(4) register in a hotel booker
(1) a book of selected poems(2) A retired Yorkshire country vicar is assuming a new identity - as a comic book supervillain.(3) The comic book nickname said it all: he was part superman, part inspirational leader.(4) is your name in the book?(5) Whether or not ├ö├ç├┐long distance├ö├ç├û relationships can work is one of those age-old questions in the book of love.(6) I do not recommend trying to make one's career in the comic book business these days.(7) I sat there a while longer, staring down at the vellum pages of the book on the low desk before me.(8) Some readers of the Bible consider the book of Hebrews to be a description of a faith journey.(9) If no one plays a trump, then the highest ranking card to the suit led wins the book .(10) The book of Esther is the only book of the Bible that does not contain the name of God.(11) Fans of the comic book series should enjoy this movie immensely and are likely to be more forgiving of its flaws.(12) After some serious research he wrote a book on the subject, Ancient Mosaics in Bulgaria.(13) a book of memoirs(14) a pattern book(15) you should book your room in advance(16) This is a sad comedown for the man who was once the most important figure in the comic book industry.
(1) address book :: Adressbuch
(2) book store :: Buchladen
(3) comic book :: Comic
(4) phone book :: Telefonbuch
(5) exercise book :: Übungsheft
(6) book bag :: Büchertasche
(7) this book :: dieses Buch
(8) book value :: Buchwert
(9) reference book :: Nachschlagebuch
(10) reading book :: Buch lesen
1. volume ::
2. notebook ::
3. ledger ::
4. rule book ::
5. scripture ::
7. script ::
8. record ::
10. reserve ::
11. arrange ::
book, bookable, booked, booker, booking, bookings, bookish, booklet, booklets, books
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Why do we have a geology BOOK?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 20
Hi, yeah, it's Raj.
Rajesh, we met at the comic BOOK store.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
I would totally
read that BOOK.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
Okay. I'll BOOK the surgery
for four weeks from now.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 11
BERNADETTE: The only thing I hate more
than you right now is that BOOK!
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 5
English to German Dictionary: book
Meaning and definitions of book, translation in German
language for book with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of book in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'book'
What book means in German, book meaning
in German, book
definition, examples and pronunciation
of book in German language.