Noun(1) footwear that covers the whole foot and lower leg(2) compartment in an automobile that carries luggage or shopping or tools(3) the swift release of a store of affective force(4) protective casing for something that resembles a leg(5) an instrument of torture that is used to heat or crush the foot and leg(6) a form of foot torture in which the feet are encased in iron and slowly crushed(7) the act of delivering a blow with the foot
Verb(1) kick; give a boot to(2) cause to load (an operating system
(1) Choose one of the icons, and it'll boot up the title screen of the game in a couple of seconds.(2) I was going to stop and show him what was in the boot but I thought better of it.(3) Sometimes the boot was heated until red hot during interrogation, a reference to this practice is found in Grimm's fairytales.(4) Passwords have even found new niches in the form of boot managers, remote login formats and advanced security systems.(5) We were carrying the engine of a World War II Hinkle bomber in the boot (trunk).(6) Modern motherboard chipsets will boot from a CD-ROM more easily than a floppy diskette.(7) Make a DOS floppy boot disk, and have the configuration program for each card handy on floppy.(8) He would then take off his overalls and keep them in the boot of his car.(9) If you're successful, your system will boot up and give you a login screen.(10) We were wrestling and both fell onto the car boot .(11) I'm already going to assume you already know some of the basics, like backing up your stuff, and making a DOS boot disk.(12) For instance, if I took an already working boot disk and just burn that to a CD, would it boot the computer?(13) Secondly, oftentimes when I boot up my PC, the monitor will remain completely blank.(14) He had a white carrier bag out of the boot and he put it through the window.(15) The vehicle, which has yet to be approved by the car manufacturer's board, will be a saloon with four doors and large boot and is intended initially for Asia and China.(16) If all of the physical components are OK, the next thing is to see if it will boot from a floppy or CD.
(1) boot camp :: Boot Camp
(2) boot up :: Hochfahren
(3) to boot :: noch dazu
(4) boot sequence :: Startvorgang
(5) boot sector :: Bootsektor
(6) car boot :: Auto-Boot
(7) rubber boot :: Gummistiefel
(8) boot disk :: Boot-Diskette
(9) car boot sale :: Flohmarkt
(10) ankle boot :: Stiefelette
1. kick ::
2. iron heel ::
3. flush ::
4. kick ::
6. reboot ::
boot, booted, bootes, booting, bootless, boots
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Yes, to a poor waitress
who loves a BOOT cut.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 11
I’m in the BOOT!
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
and forgot something very important
in the BOOT, very important.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 7
Okay. That's it. Let's BOOT it up.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
Or I'll help you along
With the toe of my BOOT
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 18
English to German Dictionary: boot
Meaning and definitions of boot, translation in German
language for boot with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of boot in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'boot'
What boot means in German, boot meaning
in German, boot
definition, examples and pronunciation
of boot in German language.