Adjective(1) emitting or reflecting light readily or in large amounts(2) having strong or striking color(3) characterized by quickness and ease in learning(4) having lots of light either natural or artificial(5) made smooth and bright by or as if by rubbing; reflecting a sheen or glow(6) splendid(7) not made dim or less bright(8) clear and sharp and ringing(9) characterized by happiness or gladness(10) likely to turn out well in the future
Adverb(1) with brightness
(1) This house is bright , comfortable and full of character.(2) Always bright and perky, Robin has shone in all subjects.(3) He had bright eyes, a lively expression, and a winsome smile.(4) The door to my cell was flung open and a bright light was shined in.(5) The ensemble sound was bright , with the trumpets and woodwind producing particularly expressive sounds.(6) There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the day was bright and sunny.(7) And, you know, I kind of think this company has a pretty bright future ahead of it.(8) Still looking peaceful, her fair skin shone under the bright white lights, her hair still silky about her.(9) The programme will be bright , lively, entertaining and will provide real insights that go beneath the headlines.(10) Some shine bright , but never seem to hang around for long.(11) It was no feat of fortune-telling to predict a bright future for these talented singers.(12) The kitchen cum dining room is spacious and bright .(13) Carlile heard a sharp bright sound and saw that the heron had broken free from a thin layer of ice.(14) As Thomas walked, passersby greeted him with a bright smile and a cheerful, ├ö├ç├┐Merry Christmas!├ö├ç├û(15) The blooms have bright clusters of yellow flowers with interesting leaflets.(16) They're building a bright , glorious future here too.
(1) bright side :: angenehme Seite
(2) bright light :: helles Licht
(3) bright red :: Hellrot
(4) bright future :: strahlende Zukunft
(5) bright lights :: helle Lichter
(6) bright green :: hellgrün
(7) bright blue :: Hellblau
(8) bright color :: grelle Farbe
(9) bright yellow :: helles Gelb
(10) very bright :: sehr hell
1. shining ::
2. sunny ::
3. vivid ::
4. clear ::
5. clever ::
6. happy ::
7. promising ::
8. smart ::
9. undimmed ::
10. brilliant ::
1. dim ::
2. dull ::
bright, brighten, brightened, brightening, brightens, brighter, brightest, brightly, brightness, brights
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
future's so BRIGHT!
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 2
On the BRIGHT side, that Oxford study was right.
One friend down.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 4
All these BRIGHT people
sitting around a table by candlelight...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 18
If you're half as BRIGHT as you think you
are, you'll find a way out of here, too.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 7
Look on the BRIGHT side.
As a result of Penny's forfeit...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 7
English to German Dictionary: bright
Meaning and definitions of bright, translation in German
language for bright with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of bright in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'bright'
What bright means in German, bright meaning
in German, bright
definition, examples and pronunciation
of bright in German language.