Noun(1) a structure that has a roof and walls and stands more or less permanently in one place(2) the act of constructing something(3) the commercial activity involved in repairing old structures or constructing new ones(4) the occupants of a building
Verb(1) make by combining materials and parts(2) form or accumulate steadily(3) build or establish something abstract(4) improve the cleansing action of(5) order, supervise, or finance the construction of(6) give form to, according to a plan(7) be engaged in building(8) found or ground(9) bolster or strengthen(10) develop and grow
(1) the building was completed last month(2) building materials(3) the building of democracy in Guatemala(4) I spent a few days at his yard, watching the process of designing and building .(5) the building of the bridge was delayed(6) There is a very large increase in building of houses in Ballaghaderreen town which is a sign of prosperity.(7) Companies were brought in to do the work of building and also to finance the works in the short run.(8) But the housing boom has led to its own problems, as building and trade labour has become scarce and expensive.(9) Modeling clay and other building materials like blocks can help children explore.(10) They are building a reputation as a practice that learns through the process of building .(11) Perfectly reusable building materials and fixtures then take up space in landfills.(12) Land occupation, building , trading and health ordinances are ignored by their supporters.(13) Prior to the Civil War, New York City led the nation in steamship and engine building .(14) The process of vision building however involves the application of intuition.(15) Regional variants to the vernacular revival style took account of local materials and building traditions.(16) The process of nation building or of nationalizing the masses was far from complete in pre-war Italy.
(1) build :: bauen
(2) office building :: Bürogebäude
(3) building block :: Baustein
(4) building blocks :: Bausteine
(5) apartment building :: Wohngebäude
(6) team building :: Teambildung
(7) building site :: Baustelle
(8) building up :: aufbauen
(9) building materials :: Baumaterial
(10) main building :: Hauptgebäude
(11) tall building :: großes Gebäude
1. structure ::
2. construction ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'm BUILDING it.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 1
the BUILDING manager, so...
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 2
let's all promise to meet
in front of this BUILDING
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 18
l have worked 30 years on BUILDING
this business from nothing,
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
They weren't BUILDING hosts--
Westworld Season 2, Episode 4
English to German Dictionary: building
Meaning and definitions of building, translation in German
language for building with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of building in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'building'
What building means in German, building meaning
in German, building
definition, examples and pronunciation
of building in German language.