Noun(1) the overhead upper surface of a covered space(2) (meteorology(3) an upper limit on what is allowed(4) maximum altitude at which a plane can fly (under specified conditions
(1) the books were stacked from floor to ceiling(2) Both of these rooms have floor to ceiling picture windows as well as garden access.(3) Some people are filled with a sense of freedom and openness when they walk into a large, near-empty room with a high ceiling , high windows and plenty of light.(4) The traditional Scottish tower house has flagstone floors and a vaulted ceiling in the dining room.(5) North Island Metro said the ceiling wasn't forecast to go any lower than 2,000 feet, with a slim chance of rain in the vicinity.(6) The interconnecting family room has a pine-panelled ceiling , double Velux windows and an Italian tiled floor.(7) The new aircraft will also allow pilots to increase their flying hours from 150 to 200 because of the aircraft's higher operating ceiling .(8) There is no natural ceiling to limit the price of market water.(9) The 1820s still suffered agricultural depression despite a high ceiling for corn prices in years of poor harvests.(10) the government imposed a wage ceiling of 3 per cent(11) The cloud ceiling was about 9,000 feet, with a temperature of 62 degrees.(12) Fares on some routes would leap to their price ceiling , or 25 per cent above the reference price.(13) the aircraft's quoted ceiling of 24,000 feet(14) Efforts are underway for establishing a price ceiling in this industry.(15) Hill insisted the England squad would strike if the Ôö¼├║20 wage ceiling was not lifted.(16) Annual price rises would be limited to a ceiling determined by the government in line with inflation and exchange rate considerations.
(1) ceil :: ceil
(2) ceiling fan :: Deckenventilator
(3) glass ceiling :: Glasdach
(4) ceiling light :: Deckenleuchte
(5) on the ceiling :: an der Decke
(6) price ceiling :: Preisobergrenze
(7) suspended ceiling :: abgehängte Decke
(8) ceiling lamp :: Deckenlampe
(9) hit the ceiling :: an die Decke
(10) low ceiling :: niedrige Decke
(11) ceiling price :: Höchstpreis
1. upper limit ::
2. maximum ::
3. limitation ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Like, what if you swung on a rope
from the CEILING?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
♪ Ceiling with a pillow
Watching the prophecy drop ♪
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
I will do it. Don't press it
or you will end up stuck on the CEILING.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
They said they'd never seen one
on the CEILING.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 2
Will they lower themselves from
the CEILING or come out of the sewers?
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
English to German Dictionary: ceiling
Meaning and definitions of ceiling, translation in German
language for ceiling with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ceiling in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'ceiling'
What ceiling means in German, ceiling meaning
in German, ceiling
definition, examples and pronunciation
of ceiling in German language.