Verb(1) exercise authoritative control or power over(2) lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits(3) handle and cause to function(4) maintain influence over (others or oneself(5) check or regulate (a scientific experiment(6) place under restrictions; limit access to by law(7) verify by using a duplicate register for comparison(8) be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something(9) have a firm understanding or knowledge of; be on top of
Adjective(1) restrained or managed or kept within certain bounds
(1) the pilot had manual control of the plane(2) you shouldn't have dogs if you can't control them(3) She would return to the village in the morning, when she had control over her emotions again.(4) due to circumstances beyond our control(5) The driving paradigm for police research now is clearly crime control .(6) He was stopped at passport control at the airport.(7) His unerring control of whatever machine he was driving came into play in Indianapolis, too.(8) He also called upon the citizens to launch a green revolution to control increasing pollution levels in the City.(9) Psychiatric supervision may help him control some of his feelings of anxiety and he has been offered this on an outpatient basis.(10) It also provides a central control to operate the other equipment in the room.(11) She stumbled the next few steps, and then managed to take control of her coordination.(12) A further 932 were recruited from the public to act as a control group for comparison.(13) he couldn't control the children(14) Being a scientist at heart, Gorman set up a control experiment with a man born at the same time and the same place as himself.(15) The transmissions were sent at the speed of light through the air to the distant mission control .(16) The offender had limited capacity to control her behaviour in this respect.
(1) control :: Steuerung
(2) self-controlled :: beherrscht
(3) controlled substance :: kontrollierte Substanz
(4) remote-controlled :: Ferngesteuert
(5) radio-controlled :: funkgesteuert
(6) state-controlled :: staatlich kontrollierte
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Manufacture of a Schedule II
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 4
My dad CONTROLLED the TV,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 22
But trust me, in a highly CONTROLLED
environment such as this...
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 10
ignite in a
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 24
CONTROLLED by a seismic sensor.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 3
English to German Dictionary: controlled
Meaning and definitions of controlled, translation in German
language for controlled with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of controlled in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'controlled'
What controlled means in German, controlled meaning
in German, controlled
definition, examples and pronunciation
of controlled in German language.