Noun(1) a pair who associate with one another(2) a pair of people who live together(3) a small indefinite number(4) two items of the same kind(5) (physics
Verb(1) bring two objects, ideas, or people together(2) link together(3) form a pair or pairs(4) engage in sexual intercourse
(1) a honeymoon couple(2) the beetles may couple up to form a pair(3) Congratulations are extended to the newly married couple and their families.(4) A new couple whirled onto the dance floor and snatched her attention.(5) just a couple more questions(6) we got some eggs├ö├ç├Âwould you like a couple?(7) But you seem to have asked the question a couple of times, and I am a bit puzzled by that.(8) My guard had been increased and it was a small army of a couple of dozen soldiers who rattled around with me.(9) a couple of girls were playing marbles(10) a married couple(11) So Jesse and I just went into the kitchen to get a couple of chicken sandwiches.(12) clean the stains with a couple squirts dishwashing liquid(13) as middle-class youth grew more tolerant of sex, they started to couple more often(14) Locate the marking tool on the door or jamb, and strike it sharply with a hammer a couple times.(15) Jim gave his regulator a couple of squirts on the purge button to reassure himself that his air was turned on.(16) Most households consist of a married or unmarried couple and their children.
(1) a couple :: ein Paar
(2) a couple of :: ein paar
(3) married couple :: Ehepaar
(4) perfect couple :: perfektes Paar
(5) couple of days :: einige Tage
(6) a couple of days :: ein paar Tage
(7) couple of hours :: ein paar Stunden
(8) couple of weeks :: ein paar Wochen
(9) in a couple of hours :: in ein paar Stunden
(10) couple of minutes :: ein paar Minuten
1. pair ::
2. husband and wife ::
Ehemann und Ehefrau
3. some ::
5. twosome ::
6. duad ::
7. combine with ::
8. connect ::
9. pair ::
10. mate ::
11. couple up ::
12. twin ::
1. army ::
2. crowd ::
3. flock ::
4. horde ::
5. host ::
6. legion ::
7. many ::
8. mountain ::
9. multitude ::
couple, coupled, couples, decouple, decouples
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We had so much fun together
the last COUPLE of months.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 2
for another COUPLE of weeks,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 11
Got a COUPLE new outfits for work.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
I could wrap up an order of mee krob
and a COUPLE of lottery scratchers.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
Oh, COUPLE hours.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 11
English to German Dictionary: couple
Meaning and definitions of couple, translation in German
language for couple with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of couple in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'couple'
What couple means in German, couple meaning
in German, couple
definition, examples and pronunciation
of couple in German language.