Noun(1) a particular society at a particular time and place(2) the tastes in art and manners that are favored by a social group(3) all the knowledge and values shared by a society(4) (biology, such as gelatin or agar(5) a highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality(6) the attitudes and behavior that are characteristic of a particular social group or organization(7) the raising of plants or animals
Verb(1) grow in a special preparation
(1) Television was the perfect mainline to pump the West's veins full of the consumer culture drug.(2) Journalism's culture of professionalization has stayed the news industry's own hand.(3) We have all the laws and ordinances but these are pre-empted by culture and social values.(4) he didn't understand American culture(5) political culture(6) He repeatedly celebrated the revival of the Hebrew culture and the cultural achievements of the Jews.(7) People involved in a drug culture tend to gravitate toward others who are doing the same thing.(8) Our customs, culture , and societal structure demands the presence of the father.(9) A flexible tube connected the bottoms of the two chambers during plant culture , but the tube was blocked during treatments.(10) they did an experiment on cells in culture(11) It is important to buy from a grower who gives you good culture directions for the plant you buy.(12) He remains an aesthete, but his appreciation of culture is now spiritually empty.(13) A feature shared by senescent cells in culture and in vivo is shortening of the telomeres.(14) Like others, she is also against the misogyny in so much of our popular and intellectual culture .(15) During plant culture , young roots were harvested at the end of the light period on 4-week-old plants.(16) Music, and popular culture as we knew it, would never be the same again.
(1) culture shock :: Kulturschock
(2) corporate culture :: Unternehmenskultur
(3) pop culture :: Popkultur
(4) popular culture :: Popkultur
(5) culture medium :: Nährboden
(6) youth culture :: Jugendkultur
(7) tissue culture :: Gewebekultur
(8) culture vulture :: Kulturliebhaber
(9) physical culture :: Körperkultur
(10) blood culture :: Blut kultur
1. the arts ::
3. civilization ::
4. cultivation ::
5. acculturation ::
6. refinement ::
1. barbarism ::
culture, cultured, cultures, culturing, subculture, subcultures
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Third, you are never allowed to lecture me
on Hinduism or my Indian CULTURE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 4
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 23
There's just so much,
I don't know, CULTURE there.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
She has the symmetry and low body fat
that Western CULTURE deems desirable.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
...with a CULTURE based loosely
on Earth's Athens and Sparta?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
English to German Dictionary: culture
Meaning and definitions of culture, translation in German
language for culture with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of culture in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'culture'
What culture means in German, culture meaning
in German, culture
definition, examples and pronunciation
of culture in German language.