Adverb(1) without deviation(2) without anyone or anything intervening(3) without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening(4) in a forthright manner; candidly or frankly
(1) they went directly to the office(2) The grill of her car gently tapped his lower half as it finally rolled to a complete stop directly in front of him.(3) directly opposite the post office(4) Its finest moment came when my brother-in-law spoke directly and movingly to his tearing daughter.(5) The video is hilarious, ultra-sexy and yet manages to speak honestly and directly about a sensitive and important issue.(6) Like conventional wet fly fishing, once the fly is directly downstream don't be in too much of a hurry to lift off.(7) If you are a man reading this, you may skip it immediately and go directly to the Hillary column!(8) Jesus speaks of God as Father simply and directly , without any of the qualifying phrases which were often used to safeguard the transcendence of God.(9) the decisions directly affect people's health(10) Its strategy was also to pay the salesmen immediately, directly charging the cost to the client's policy and removing this charge over a long period of time.(11) He was just about to catch her when she doubled back, directly under his nose.(12) The pieces of fish were definitely thrown directly from the freezer onto the plate.(13) The next morning, Elizabeth left for the market directly after breakfast as Odessa had ordered.(14) Gravitational force is immediate, it acts directly via physical space.(15) Poverty in itself does not immediately and directly lead to conflict, let alone to terrorism.(16) It feels like stepping into one's office directly from the breakfast table.
(1) directly proportional :: direkt proportional
(2) directly or indirectly :: direkt oder indirekt
(3) go directly :: geh sofort
(4) directly opposite :: direktes Gegenteil
(5) directly below :: direkt unter
(6) directly to :: direkt zu
1. straight ::
2. immediately ::
3. exactly ::
4. frankly ::
5. direct ::
6. like a shot ::
Wie ein Schuss
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And rather than send a raven
or speak to me DIRECTLY,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
- Where is she?
- She's been taken DIRECTLY before the king.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 2
That car DIRECTLY
contradicts our story.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
I could simplify things,
just give you the $50 DIRECTLY...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
We are DIRECTLY underneath
the geology lab,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 17
English to German Dictionary: directly
Meaning and definitions of directly, translation in German
language for directly with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of directly in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'directly'
What directly means in German, directly meaning
in German, directly
definition, examples and pronunciation
of directly in German language.