Noun(1) the sense organ for hearing and equilibrium(2) good hearing(3) the externally visible cartilaginous structure of the external ear(4) attention to what is said(5) fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn
(1) Measurements were conducted at 20Ôö¼ÔûæC at the second leaf of seedlings and at 25Ôö¼ÔûæC at the second leaf above the ear during flowering.(2) "I don't like this├ö├ç┬¬" he muttered as he placed his sensitive ear against the door.(3) Trey listened with a patient ear , only making distance with the receiver when she whined or couldn't make out her blubbering.(4) Sometimes you needed a friendly ear to listen to your troubles and worries and tell you that everything was going to be alright.(5) I had not a good voice nor, I confess it, a very good ear .(6) He loves the English language and has a keen ear for its music.(7) They are offering a sympathetic ear to farmers suffering in the present weather crisis.(8) She offers a sympathetic ear and reassuring guidance.(9) The UK tag will show the flock number followed by the individual animal number and it is recommended that the tag is placed in the left ear of the animal.(10) My mom, being the rich socialite that she was, had an ear for gossip.(11) Tyler stood out even from this group with five earrings on each ear , two eyebrow rings on each eyebrow, four lip rings, and two tongue pierces.(12) ear infection(13) A good sound technician and composer with an instinctive ear for music is vital.(14) she offers a sympathetic ear to worried pet owners(15) The film was written by Laurence Coriat, who has an ear for the sort of unadorned, matter-of-fact dialogue that says a lot by what it leaves out.(16) Within a few days, he completely lost hearing in his left ear .
(1) ear drops :: Ohrentropfen
(2) inner ear :: Innenohr
(3) ear of corn :: Kornähre
(4) ear infection :: Ohrenentzündung
(5) play it by ear :: nach Gehör spielen
(6) middle ear :: Mittelohr
(7) outer ear :: Ohrmuschel
(8) play by ear :: Nach dem Gehör spielen
(9) ear canal :: Gehörgang
(10) turn a deaf ear :: ein taubes Ohr für jdn. haben
1. inner ear ::
2. attention ::
3. appreciation ::
4. spike ::
5. pinna ::
ear, eared, earful, earfuls, earphone, earphones, ears
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
But what is that
behind your EAR?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 12
Did the Lord of Light
whisper that in your EAR?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
Rakharo say you should take EAR,
to teach respect.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
I have an EAR for that as well.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
and whispered in my EAR, "Lyanna."
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
English to German Dictionary: ear
Meaning and definitions of ear, translation in German
language for ear with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ear in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'ear'
What ear means in German, ear meaning
in German, ear
definition, examples and pronunciation
of ear in German language.