Verb(1) earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages(2) acquire or deserve by one's efforts or actions
(1) they earn $35 per hour(2) The accounts would be managed by non-government fund managers and deposits would earn interest.(3) If an activity doesn't earn you money, or make you rich, then there is no value attached to it.(4) Not until years later would he earn the respect his achievements merited.(5) It is claimed funeral workers are being forced to work long hours of overtime to earn a decent wage.(6) Fundamentally we have to earn the money to pay for services.(7) However, it is also true that the cash can be put on deposit to earn interest in the meantime.(8) An advantage to choosing this account would be that he would know his money would not earn any interest in any month he were to make a withdrawal.(9) the dollars can be placed on deposit and earn interest(10) Since then, how the Kents earn their money has been less clear, but it involves extensive world travel.(11) Most jobs that will earn you a good amount of money involve a fair bit of training.(12) In real terms, low-income workers earn on average $120 less than they did in 1984, he claims.(13) I could do a whole range of boring commercial things which would earn me a lot of money, but I wouldn't do them.(14) Thus people in positions of privilege or power must earn our trust, show they deserve it.(15) earn yourself a few pounds(16) In an attempt to earn money he set about writing a novel, drawing on the experience of his financial disaster.
(1) earn money :: Geld verdienen
(2) to earn :: verdienen
(3) earn a living :: Lebensunterhalt verdienen
(4) earn a lot of money :: viel Geld verdienen
(5) earn interest :: Interesse gewinnen
(6) earn a salary :: erhalten ein Gehalt
(7) earn a good salary :: einen guten Lohn erhalten
1. be paid ::
2. deserve ::
3. garner ::
4. clear ::
earn, earned, earner, earners, earning, earnings, earns
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- We both EARN...
- Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
And believe me, I'm gonna
EARN every penny of it too.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
...for just being myself.
I always had to EARN it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
Anyone turning him over
will EARN the King's reward.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 2
I suggest you figure out a way
to EARN the money yourself.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
English to German Dictionary: earn
Meaning and definitions of earn, translation in German
language for earn with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of earn in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'earn'
What earn means in German, earn meaning
in German, earn
definition, examples and pronunciation
of earn in German language.