(1) But keeping that guilty secret is deemed to be worth it by many if they get their crucial night's sleep.(2) That put a brave face on it, but there were guilty consciences wherever you looked.(3) Now, we know that your client pleaded guilty to a similar offence against his daughter.(4) Some players do write and try to justify their dirty deeds, maybe to salve their own guilty conscience.(5) I paused, and thought of something to make her feel less guilty .(6) For a man of honour, a guilty conscience must be a dreadful, perhaps unbearable burden.(7) The French side looked agitated on the pitch and were guilty of a number of handling errors.(8) It is suggested that such a defendant should be regarded as being guilty of manslaughter and not murder.(9) He was never rewarded with anything but a guilty conscience and a hell of his own making.(10) In all likelihood, he was not plagued by a guilty conscience at the time of the killings.(11) Another convicted man who appeared for sentencing had pleaded guilty to wounding.(12) He made a strategic error and was at best guilty of political naivety, at worst of incompetence.(13) I have often noted transits to Uranus in this house denote a time when guilty secrets and hidden vices are exposed.(14) It is only when we learn of his guilty secret and hidden background that the casting provokes deep reservations.(15) Whether a plaintiff is guilty of contributory negligence is a question of fact.(16) South Africans alone are guilty for this shameful marginalisation of our visual arts.
(1) guilty pleasure :: guilty pleasure
(2) not guilty :: nicht schuldig
(3) plead guilty :: bekenne mich schuldig
(4) feel guilty :: schuldig fühlen
(5) guilty conscience :: schlechtes Gewissen
(6) found guilty :: für schuldig befunden
(7) guilty of :: schuldig
(8) find guilty :: für schuldig befinden
(9) plead not guilty :: nicht schuldig plädieren
(10) pleading guilty :: für schuldig plädieren
1. culpable ::
2. ashamed ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I am GUILTY of being a dwarf.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
I cannot say I feel overly GUILTY
about leaving you in that fucking crate.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
You're not GUILTY
of your father's crimes.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
And with my wife's disappearance,
it makes me seem that much more GUILTY.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
English to German Dictionary: guilty
Meaning and definitions of guilty, translation in German
language for guilty with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of guilty in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'guilty'
What guilty means in German, guilty meaning
in German, guilty
definition, examples and pronunciation
of guilty in German language.