Pronoun(1) used as the object of a verb or preposition to refer to a male person or animal previously mentioned as the subject of the clause.(2) he or him personally (used to emphasize a particular male person or animal mentioned).
(1) he was talking to himself(2) When he came home by himself , Mum would have me looking out the window, watching for him.(3) In this case the subject of the spell literally worries himself or herself to death.(4) the article referred to him himself(5) they were in their twenties like himself(6) he was pleased with himself(7) He introduced himself to me by the punch table, and we have remained friends ever since.(8) he drew a picture of himself(9) he thought of nobody except himself(10) he bought himself a new bike(11) he'll hurt himself(12) is himself at home?(13) Darren blames himself for not telling his parents that Demi and Leo were running away.(14) the teacher is himself a musician(15) Buddha referred to himself as a healer and his teachings as a course of treatment.(16) the steward introduced himself as Pete
(1) by himself :: selbst
(2) to himself :: zu sich selbst
(3) for himself :: für ihn selbst
(4) he himself :: Er selbst
(5) all by himself :: alles selbst
(6) beside himself :: außer sich
(7) in himself :: in sich
1. himself ::
2. in propria persona ::
in propria persona
4. herself ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A butterfly could've gotten
HIMSELF home from Arizona.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
and declared HIMSELF King of the lron lslands.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
Which is why King Horik
wants to keep it for HIMSELF.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 9
You know, the old man HIMSELF
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
He broke my air fresheners,
he cursed at me and grabbed HIMSELF.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
English to German Dictionary: himself
Meaning and definitions of himself, translation in German
language for himself with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of himself in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'himself'
What himself means in German, himself meaning
in German, himself
definition, examples and pronunciation
of himself in German language.