Noun(1) the financial means whereby one lives(2) the main tower within the walls of a medieval castle or fortress(3) a cell in a jail or prison
Verb(1) cause to continue in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., `keep clean'(2) continue a certain state, condition, or activity(3) retain possession of(4) stop (someone or something(5) conform one's action or practice to(6) stick to correctly or closely(7) look after; be the keeper of; have charge of(8) maintain by writing regular records(9) supply with room and board(10) allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature(11) supply with necessities and support(12) fail to spoil or rot(13) behave as expected during of holidays or rites(14) maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger(15) raise(16) retain rights to
(1) keep left along the wall(2) Roger, of course, would rather take care of her and keep the shop, but puts on a cheerful face.(3) can you keep your saddle, or shall I carry you on a pillion?(4) he had to keep his large family in the manner he had chosen(5) While earning his keep as a waiter in Covent Garden, Norton took a place at Central School of Art and Drama.(6) we keep normal office hours(7) I have some biggish plans for an upgrade in the very near future, so keep checking back.(8) to keep guard(9) Her arms flailed up and around in a desperate and truly valiant bid to keep her seat.(10) She can leave home only to get to her office job, to keep legal or health appointments.(11) keep the change(12) Do you think it is appropriate to keep skeletons for future scientific work?(13) He thought that to be ├ö├ç├┐good├ö├ç├û he had to keep the rules and respect the law of God.(14) Employers must keep records for at least three years to show that workers were paid the national minimum wage.(15) People like us who did without to own our house as a legacy for our children have our home taken off us if we have to go into care to pay for our keep .(16) He earned his keep in university by running a bookmaking operation out of his back pocket.
(1) keep in touch :: den Kontakt halten
(2) keep up :: weitermachen
(3) keep going :: mach weiter
(4) keep on :: mach weiter
(5) keep out :: kein Zutritt
(6) keep it up :: mach weiter
(7) to keep :: behalten
(8) keep smiling :: Lächle weiter
(9) keep fit :: fit halten
(10) keep away :: Bleib weg
1. retain ::
2. remain ::
3. persist in ::
4. detain ::
5. comply with ::
6. preserve ::
7. store ::
8. breed ::
9. look after ::
sich kümmern um
10. keep secret ::
11. prevent ::
12. keep open ::
13. maintain ::
14. observe ::
15. hold on ::
warten Sie mal
16. restrain ::
17. continue ::
18. maintenance ::
19. livelihood ::
20. dungeon ::
21. hold ::
1. break ::
2. transgress ::
3. violate ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We can find you work. Keep you safe.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
Some contemptible junkie who couldn't
KEEP the peace for eight hours.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 13
But now that I'm your father's Hand
again, I have to KEEP him informed.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 10
Keep it, consider it a gift.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
They will KEEP waiting.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 1
English to German Dictionary: keep
Meaning and definitions of keep, translation in German
language for keep with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of keep in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'keep'
What keep means in German, keep meaning
in German, keep
definition, examples and pronunciation
of keep in German language.