Noun(1) the number that is represented as a one followed by 6 zeros(2) a very large indefinite number (usually hyperbole
Adjective(1) (in Roman numerals, M written with a macron over it
(1) a million people will benefit(2) a cost of more than $20 million(3) In this way, it is estimated that some half a million people will be pushed off benefits.(4) The total figures might have reached ten million by the end of the past century.(5) you're one in a million(6) I drove a sports car about a week ago and the brakes are about a million times better than that.(7) Experts say this could rise to six million barrels a day within five years with the right investment and control.(8) to the power of a million(9) it's a million km away(10) Didn't they invest a few million into the company a few years ago?(11) a population of half a million(12) over a million of them died(13) Electoral officials in Ohio say they have recorded half a million new voters since March.(14) As a result, the album was a relative flop, failing to sell even one million copies.(15) More than half a million people need to go to the doctor, and a third of these end up in hospital.(16) Nearly half a million people could benefit from a new scheme aimed at reducing hospital waiting lists.
(1) one million :: eine Million
(2) two million :: zwei Millionen
(3) ten million :: zehn Millionen
(4) a million :: eine Million
(5) five million :: fünf Millionen
(6) hundred million :: hundert Millionen
(7) one hundred million :: ein hundert Millionen
(8) seven million :: sieben Millionen
(9) several million :: mehrere Millionen
1. zillion ::
2. jillion ::
4. billion ::
5. gazillion ::
million, millions, millionth, millionths
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Four MILLION souls.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
At 25 pounds a week, I'm estimating
you'll gross about 2 MILLION.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
They can bring
200 MILLION Chinese ballbusters,
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
And those torturers are the same
who are offering you the ten MILLION.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
can cost over a MILLION dollars.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 16
English to German Dictionary: million
Meaning and definitions of million, translation in German
language for million with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of million in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'million'
What million means in German, million meaning
in German, million
definition, examples and pronunciation
of million in German language.