Noun(1) a group of people who differ racially or politically from a larger group of which it is a part(2) being or relating to the smaller in number of two parts(3) any age prior to the legal age
(1) Nevertheless, even though it may only be a small minority of young people who are going off the rails, the report reveals much that is worrying.(2) The minority of settlers that chose to defy the ultimatums knew that the government meant business.(3) harsher measures for the minority of really serious offenders(4) minority rights(5) intrigues between factions striving to make the king their puppet continued throughout his minority(6) a blocking minority of 23 votes(7) a minority party(8) These laws are aimed at the minority of annoying customers and not at the lovely ones.(9) By the year 2010, 50 per cent of people living in London are going to be from the minority communities.(10) It is an option only suited to a minority of tourists - independent travellers, prepared to rough it and able to speak Spanish.(11) Under what criteria is it acceptable for a political minority to take by force what it cannot win at the ballot box?(12) No wonder we never hear of any member of the minority community ever holding any position of importance in these countries.(13) And for the minority of people who can't, having restricted licensing hours is highly unlikely to deter them.(14) There would appear to be a whole range of compatibility issues with small programs that a minority of users have on their computer.(15) Operative repair is necessary for the minority of cases that don't respond to splinting.(16) How do we detect the minority of patients who really would be frightened?
(1) ethnic minority :: ethnische Minderheit
(2) minority interest :: geringes Interesse
(3) minority interests :: Minderheitsinteressen
(4) minority group :: Minderheit
(5) visible minority :: sichtbare Minderheit
(6) national minority :: nationale Minderheit
(7) minority report :: Minderheitsbericht
1. nonage ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Although we're not supposed to say
that 'cause he's a MINORITY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 6
English to German Dictionary: minority
Meaning and definitions of minority, translation in German
language for minority with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of minority in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'minority'
What minority means in German, minority meaning
in German, minority
definition, examples and pronunciation
of minority in German language.