Noun(1) polished surface that forms images by reflecting light(2) a faithful depiction or reflection
Verb(1) reflect as if in a mirror(2) reflect or resemble
(1) it's a mirror of life(2) he broke the bathroom mirror(3) he checked his appearance in the mirror(4) The following extracts especially appealed to me, because they mirror my own experience.(5) She managed to go a few steps further before she saw the bathroom mirror reflecting what was in it.(6) Critically, I studied myself in the full-length mirror on the wall.(7) Much of the work presented here invites analogies to US culture, providing a mirror and a model as much as a window onto a distant country.(8) I stood up and walked over to the full length mirror hanging on my closet door.(9) He pulled on his jeans and looked into the mirror above the sink.(10) If you are transferring from anonymous sites, the format is almost identical to the one used to mirror a Web site.(11) Sam looked dubiously at the large oval mirror on the desk, as Ryan set blue candles around it.(12) I looked into the large, round silver mirror on the wall adjacent to my bed.(13) The world, far from being a rough wilderness one has to force into one's own likeness, is now a mirror .(14) I was in for another surprise when I saw familiar images reflected in the mirror .(15) Events at the school closely mirror the political situation in Chile as a whole.(16) Hold a mirror in front of you and you can suddenly see behind you.
(1) rearview mirror :: Rückspiegel
(2) hand mirror :: Handspiegel
(3) mirror image :: Spiegelbild
(4) side mirror :: Seitenspiegel
(5) wing mirror :: Außenspiegel
(6) look in the mirror :: schau in den Spiegel
(7) broken mirror :: zerbrochener Spiegel
(8) mirror ball :: Spiegelball
(9) rear mirror :: Rückspiegel
(10) concave mirror :: konkaver Spiegel
1. reflecting surface ::
2. full-length mirror ::
3. hand mirror ::
4. side mirror ::
5. rear-view mirror ::
7. glass ::
8. reflect ::
9. match ::
10. reproduce ::
11. imitate ::
12. simulate ::
13. copy ::
14. mimic ::
15. echo ::
16. parallel ::
17. correspond to ::
mirror, mirrored, mirroring, mirrors
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Must be like looking in the MIRROR.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
take a long, hard look
in the MIRROR,
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 8
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 13
Now imagine there was never
a MIRROR to begin with.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
Oh, and a MIRROR on a stick...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
English to German Dictionary: mirror
Meaning and definitions of mirror, translation in German
language for mirror with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of mirror in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'mirror'
What mirror means in German, mirror meaning
in German, mirror
definition, examples and pronunciation
of mirror in German language.