Noun(1) a large, flat, thin case for carrying loose papers or drawings or maps; usually leather(2) a set of pieces of creative work collected to be shown to potential customers or employers(3) a list of the financial assets held by an individual or a bank or other financial institution(4) the role of the head of a government department
(1) When we first asked him what he was capable of for political satire, he sent us the piece below as his portfolio .(2) In the midst of this fabulous display the patron and other gentlemen examine a portfolio while a young art student draws from the assembled works.(3) It is the one portfolio that means a Minister is out of the country all the time.(4) He began as treasurer in 1960 while still playing and later added the job of secretary to his portfolio .(5) This Minister might have his portfolio back, but he is certainly on a very short leash.(6) a portfolio of insured municipal securities(7) an unrivaled portfolio of quality brands(8) She came back with a wonderful portfolio of photographs, I mean really gorgeous things, and it was just too good an opportunity to pass up.(9) Well the company has woken up to the fact that if there are going to thrive on a smaller number of people producing more products then we must be able to offer a portfolio of skills and be flexible.(10) The portfolio needs a Minister who will listen, who will talk straight, and who will not try to pull the wool over anybody's eyes.(11) Some of those payments were considered to be illegal, and after all that, having said he had done nothing wrong, 6 days later he resigned from the portfolio of Minister of Tourism.(12) an unrivalled portfolio of quality brands(13) Other items for future discussion include temporary additional notional half days and accommodation of portfolio careers, including the ability to work flexibly.(14) All the evidence, though, shows that he is the most divisive and untrustworthy minister the portfolio has had for as long as most of us can remember.(15) Among her portfolio of winning photographs were shots taken in York at the Station Road War Memorial and at Knavesmire during the floods of 2000.(16) I used to have a fair portion of my investment portfolio allocated to bonds.
(1) portfolio management :: Portfolio-Management
(2) portfolio investment :: Portfolioinvestitionen
(3) investment portfolio :: Investment-Portfolio
(4) portfolio analysis :: Portfolioanalyse
(5) loan portfolio :: Kreditportfolio
3. briefcase ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
No. It means a diversified PORTFOLIO
of stocks and bonds.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 20
English to German Dictionary: portfolio
Meaning and definitions of portfolio, translation in German
language for portfolio with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of portfolio in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'portfolio'
What portfolio means in German, portfolio meaning
in German, portfolio
definition, examples and pronunciation
of portfolio in German language.