Adjective(1) (used with count nouns(2) considered individually(3) distinct and individual
(1) Indeed such a suggestion is inconsistent with several of the paragraphs in question.(2) she took several at a time(3) I tried it several times(4) The Gospels are rendered into several of these languages and printed by the Society.(5) In many ways she became his muse, and his love for her is commemorated in several of his later works.(6) The appeal will receive a major boost from several fundraising drives in September.(7) I know several of them personally and have always felt I have been given a fair hearing.(8) The issues you have raised have been addressed at these meetings several times and are a concern.(9) we made our several ways home(10) Kenyon was chased and detained by the pub landlord and several of his customers.(11) Mr Ahmed estimates it will cost him several hundred pounds to repair the damage.(12) She expects several of her friends to be at the leisure centre to cheer her on.(13) We have forced a lower council tax rate on them while delivering several of our key initiatives.(14) This dreamer received a promotion when several others in her department were laid off.(15) It seems that several of the earlier philosophers had concluded that the Earth is a globe.(16) She also shops for several other neighbours who have difficulty managing on their own.
(1) several times :: mehrmals
(2) several years :: mehrere Jahre
(3) several days :: einige Tage
(4) several minutes :: einige Minuten
(5) several people :: einige Leute
(6) several hours :: einige Stunden
(7) several months :: mehrere Monate
(8) several hundred :: einige Hundert
(9) in several :: in verschiedenen
(10) several thousand :: mehrere tausend
1. some ::
2. respective ::
3. various ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We have SEVERAL
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
And you're now engaged
in a conflict on SEVERAL fronts.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
Your Grace, SEVERAL members
of the Faith Militant
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
Several guns firing all at once.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
The former Hand did call on me,
my lord, SEVERAL times.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
English to German Dictionary: several
Meaning and definitions of several, translation in German
language for several with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of several in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'several'
What several means in German, several meaning
in German, several
definition, examples and pronunciation
of several in German language.