Noun(1) the slender part of the back(2) a garment size for a small person
Adjective(1) limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent, or small(2) relatively moderate, limited, or small(3) (of children and animals(4) slight or limited; especially in degree or intensity or scope(5) low or inferior in station or quality(6) lowercase(7) (of a voice(8) have fine or very small constituent particles(9) not large but sufficient in size or amount(10) made to seem smaller or less (especially in worth
Adverb(1) on a small scale
(1) Also take a small amount of paper money as well, for taxis from the airport and so forth.(2) Districts should receive a small amount of money for each child who participates.(3) All in all he harboured only minor concerns, and these occupied only a small part of him as a whole.(4) Rosie was speaking in a small voice, turning back to the floor as they made their way out the school building.(5) she'll get a small grant(6) While they were out on one particular date he forced entry and stole a small amount of money.(7) Another example might be the recent kidnapping and murder of two small girls in a village in England.(8) If these proposals go ahead they're going to hit small businesses hard.(9) I understand you're planning an event aimed at owners of small businesses this week.(10) From the mustard seeds thrown along the path by Vidyapati, small plants had grown.(11) he bought it for a small fee(12) Other parents said the small class sizes helped their children with their academic achievements.(13) He has been included as a party only because there was a small amount of money involved from his point of view.(14) The only small and minor complaint I have is the gravity of the situation to which the response given is.(15) They sat there, like a young mother and her small child, happy and content just to be together.(16) It's a small problem affecting a trivial number of people who effectively choose to be affected.
(1) small talk :: Smalltalk
(2) very small :: sehr klein
(3) too small :: zu klein
(4) small intestine :: Dünndarm
(5) small business :: Kleinbetrieb
(6) small amount :: geringe Menge
(7) a small :: ein kleines
(8) small size :: kleine Größe
(9) small house :: kleines Haus
1. little ::
2. short ::
3. slight ::
4. inadequate ::
5. foolish ::
6. small-scale ::
7. lowly ::
8. modest ::
9. minor ::
1. big ::
2. biggish ::
3. considerable ::
4. goodly ::
5. grand ::
6. great ::
7. handsome ::
8. husky ::
9. large ::
10. substantial ::
11. tidy ::
12. whacking ::
13. whopping ::
small, smaller, smallest, smallish, smallness, smalls
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...and have a giant beanstalk which
would provide roughage for a SMALL city.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 17
I hope extra SMALL is okay,
for some reason Wolowitz took a medium.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 13
in the SMALL council chamber.
A meeting has been called.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
in the judgment of your Small Council,
it would be neither proper nor wise
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
Yes, well, I do believe the Hand of the King
is welcome at all SMALL council meetings.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
English to German Dictionary: small
Meaning and definitions of small, translation in German
language for small with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of small in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'small'
What small means in German, small meaning
in German, small
definition, examples and pronunciation
of small in German language.