Noun(1) a thing constructed; a complex entity constructed of many parts(2) the manner of construction of something and the arrangement of its parts(3) the complex composition of knowledge as elements and their combinations(4) a particular complex anatomical part of a living thing and its construction and arrangement(5) the people in a society considered as a system organized by a characteristic pattern of relationships
Verb(1) give a structure to
(1) Building this huge concrete structure required the construction team to undergo a similar change of mind.(2) atomic structure(3) Would an architect assemble a structure without a good foundation?(4) the courses lack proper structure(5) Two courtyards sunk into the building's roof structure allow light to penetrate deep into the building.(6) Anthony has brought a bit of structure and organisation and a bit of discipline to training.(7) I did write a structure plan for my essay, but that was it.(8) This year we completely changed our management structure .(9) flint is extremely hard, like diamond, which has a similar structure(10) the station is a magnificent structure and should not be demolished(11) the sentence structure is highly complex(12) The company's original structure appeared attractive because it provided access to some of the country's best medical researchers.(13) Egypt's military commander altered the command structure in the Sinai.(14) It is known that any complex system has a certain structure with its intrinsic elements and interconnections.(15) In 1994 we collected larvae for genetic analysis to determine genetic structure among mature trees.(16) Since time and matter are limited, the resources to solve a problem or to build a complex structure are also limited.
(1) steel structure :: Stahlstruktur
(2) sentence structure :: Satzbau
(3) social structure :: Sozialstruktur
(4) capital structure :: Kapitalstruktur
(5) data structure :: Datenstruktur
(6) internal structure :: Interne Struktur
(7) cost structure :: Kostenstruktur
(8) hierarchical structure :: hierarchische Struktur
1. building ::
2. construction ::
3. social system ::
4. arrange ::
structure, structured, structures, structuring
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A small payload support STRUCTURE for
a European science experimental package...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
I'll walk you to your car.
You're in Structure 3, Level C, right?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
Instead of trying to reinforce
this STRUCTURE here...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 22
The greatest STRUCTURE ever built,
the intrepid men of the Night's Watch,
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 2
The motion of the wave
through the STRUCTURE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 14
English to German Dictionary: structure
Meaning and definitions of structure, translation in German
language for structure with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of structure in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'structure'
What structure means in German, structure meaning
in German, structure
definition, examples and pronunciation
of structure in German language.