Preposition(1) up to (the point in time or the event mentioned).
(1) until recently(2) It cannot be long until the first offers appear to pay us a modest fee to sign up to their system.(3) it's only a week until school starts(4) until now(5) the kidnappers have given us until October 11th to deliver the documents(6) We have lost a lot of stock and are unable to assess the damage until the water levels drop.(7) Up until then it had been very hard on some levels because my family moved around a lot.(8) He added that the glass was replaced but lasted for less than a month until this week.(9) He is a natural left side player and was doing a good job for us until he was injured.(10) he held the office until his death(11) There is a limit on how much you can send and withdraw until you gain verified status.(12) you don't know what you can achieve until you try(13) I don't remember anything up until I woke up(14) They will be kept away from other bees until it is confirmed they are free of disease.(15) You pay by the hour so you can play as many frames as you like until your time runs out.(16) Roast at the top of the oven, turning once or twice until the skin is crisp and golden.
(1) until now :: bis jetzt
(2) until then :: bis dann
(3) not until :: nicht bis
(4) until further notice :: bis auf weiteres
(5) until recently :: bis vor kurzem
(6) wait until :: warte bis
(7) up until now :: bis jetzt
(8) until death :: bis zum Tod
(9) until today :: bis heute
(10) until late :: bis spät
2. to ::
3. up to ::
5. up until ::
6. as late as ::
so spät wie
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Until the moment
the Blackwater swallowed them.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
He's my king from this
day UNTIL his last day.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
...while the first elevator was not installed
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 9
We would like to keep you entertained
UNTIL your brother returns.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 9
Until quite recently,
I was one of the richest men in the world.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
English to German Dictionary: until
Meaning and definitions of until, translation in German
language for until with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of until in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'until'
What until means in German, until meaning
in German, until
definition, examples and pronunciation
of until in German language.