Noun(1) a person who works at a specific occupation(2) a member of the working class (not necessarily employed(3) sterile member of a colony of social insects that forages for food and cares for the larvae(4) a person who acts and gets things done
(1) ├ö├ç├┐At first I thought it might have been a worker bee or a wasp or something, but it was about two or three times the size of a normal wasp - it was massive,├ö├ç├û she said.(2) she's a good worker(3) he's a fast worker(4) Dowie was already regarded as little short of a miracle worker for his achievements under particularly difficult circumstances at Oldham Athletic.(5) Looking at his credentials, few would probably argue if Lambie was tagged a miracle worker , but considering his tendency to go against the grain it is unsurprising that the man himself would.(6) The honeybees return to the hive and pass the nectar onto other worker bees.(7) The guy is a worker , there's no doubt he's a worker.(8) voluntary worker(9) a worker of miracles(10) he was a bogus worker of miracles(11) worker ant(12) The worker bees are the ones capable of stinging.(13) He left school without qualifications and was a shop assistant before becoming a manual worker for Birmingham Council.(14) foreign worker(15) she's our best worker(16) community worker
(1) hard worker :: fleißiger Arbeiter
(2) social worker :: Sozialarbeiter
(3) office worker :: Büroangestellter
(4) co-worker :: Mitarbeiter
(5) factory worker :: Fabrik Arbeiter
(6) construction worker :: Bauarbeiter
(7) skilled worker :: Facharbeiter
(8) farm worker :: Bauer
(9) fellow worker :: Mitarbeiter
(10) aid worker :: Hilfskraft
1. employee ::
2. hard worker ::
3. doer ::
4. proletarian ::
1. employer ::
autoworker, autoworkers, coworker, coworkers, worker, workers
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
she's the hardest WORKER
I've ever seen.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 17
English to German Dictionary: worker
Meaning and definitions of worker, translation in German
language for worker with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of worker in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'worker'
What worker means in German, worker meaning
in German, worker
definition, examples and pronunciation
of worker in German language.