komfortabel, bequem, gemütlich, behaglich, auskömmlich
Adjective(1) providing or experiencing physical well-being or relief (`comfy' is informal(2) free from stress or conducive to mental ease; having or affording peace of mind(3) more than adequate(4) sufficient to provide comfort(5) in fortunate circumstances financially; moderately rich
(1) He tried to move and make himself more comfortable , but the pain worsened and he lay back down, sparks flying behind his eyes.(2) These funds and Social Security payments provide them with a comfortable monthly income.(3) How do you plan to manage your assets during retirement so that you can generate a comfortable income?(4) The inevitable growth of globalisation means that if we are to maintain our very comfortable standard of living we need to work smarter than others.(5) Anyone wishing to take part should wear comfortable clothes and bring a blanket and cushion to the class.(6) The guy in question works for a New York tabloid, making a comfortable living and aspiring to little else.(7) Because we've become such an open society, people are more comfortable expressing their heritage.(8) The injured man was yesterday said to be comfortable in Kerry General Hospital in Tralee.(9) The family, though not wealthy, was financially comfortable by Dominican standards.(10) You are immediately comfortable , and it is very easy to drive.(11) Patients were much more comfortable and recovered faster after disc replacement than after fusion.(12) Of course, some people are more comfortable talking about themselves than others and the degree of comfort is often revealing.(13) They had demonstrated their talent and skills in their next four league fixtures which they had won with comfortable margins.(14) Winning the Varsity matches, and in reasonably comfortable fashion, is cause for celebration.(15) Physically, we are not comfortable in the face of ceaseless persecution.(16) These women do not have the skill to market their goods to generate a comfortable income.
(1) feel comfortable :: sich wohl fühlen
(2) very comfortable :: sehr bequem
(3) comfortable clothes :: bequeme Klamotten
(4) be comfortable :: sich wohlfühlen
(5) comfortable shoes :: bequeme Schuhe
(6) comfortable place :: bequemer Platz
1. pleasant ::
2. cozy ::
3. loose ::
4. leisurely ::
5. at ease ::
an der Mühelosigkeit
6. well-off ::
7. comfy ::
1. uncomfortable ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 1
Greetings. As you know, I'm not
COMFORTABLE with prolonged goodbyes...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
It is a COMFORTABLE chair.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 2
Are you COMFORTABLE?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 14
Hold on. While I'm COMFORTABLE
speaking about science...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
English to German Dictionary: comfortable
Meaning and definitions of comfortable, translation in German
language for comfortable with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of comfortable in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'comfortable'
What comfortable means in German, comfortable meaning
in German, comfortable
definition, examples and pronunciation
of comfortable in German language.