Verb(1) derive or receive pleasure from; get enjoyment from; take pleasure in(2) have benefit from(3) get pleasure from(4) have for one's benefit(5) take delight in
(1) I could never enjoy myself, knowing you were in your room alone(2) Neither did she enjoy the benefits, including access to a pension scheme, that he did.(3) Exempted companies are subject to a number of restrictions and enjoy other benefits.(4) As a reward, they get taken on trips and enjoy activities such as tennis lessons.(5) Girls and boys aiming at university entrance enjoy the many benefits of a boarding and day school.(6) I enjoy watching good films(7) Midterm break is on Monday- enjoy !(8) The only problem is that to enjoy the full benefits you need money - a lot of money.(9) Schools taking part will enjoy activities designed to promote reading as a fun activity.(10) He said local members also still enjoy considerable further benefits in the absence of estate tax and capital gains tax.(11) the security forces enjoy legal immunity from prosecution(12) This gives them their only opportunity to enjoy the occasional meal out or a drink with friends.(13) He does not enjoy exclusive possession and hence the unrestricted right to use this.(14) However, the pair still enjoyed the race and were delighted with fifth spot.(15) They represent a fair exchange between the player and the listener, the worker and the enjoyer of the work - if, of course, the band gets the revenue.(16) It was a great party, I enjoyed myself thoroughly.
(1) to enjoy :: zu genießen
(2) enjoy life :: genieße das Leben
(3) enjoy oneself :: sich amüsieren
(4) enjoy together :: zusammen genießen
(5) enjoy good health :: genießen eine gute Gesundheit
1. like ::
2. benefit from ::
3. revel ::
4. love ::
5. relish ::
1. lack ::
2. want ::
enjoy, enjoyable, enjoyed, enjoying, enjoys
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Perhaps we can ENJOY
one last meal together
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 2
that this trip was going to be
something we could both ENJOY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 15
He's always making an effort
to do things with me he doesn't ENJOY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
Do you think it's possible you might ENJOY
being on your own for a little while?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 23
So settle in, Dennis.
Enjoy your new home.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
English to German Dictionary: enjoy
Meaning and definitions of enjoy, translation in German
language for enjoy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of enjoy in German and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'enjoy'
What enjoy means in German, enjoy meaning
in German, enjoy
definition, examples and pronunciation
of enjoy in German language.